What not to do


 DIY- Icicle Ornaments made from Plastic Bottles
I found it here
I have been wanting some more icicles for our Christmas tree.  I love those beautiful long crystal pieces that glisten as they reflect the Christmas lights.  Well, being the spendthrift that my husband wants me to be, I thought this sounded like a great idea.  Do you know what these are made from?  Plastic water bottles.  Yep!  We have a few of those around our house.  I thought it was a great idea and the picture looks great!  Apparently, you have to do these a few thousand times for it to turn out like these.  This is my personal what not to do...I am not telling you not to.  By all means, please try it and tell me how many times I can expect to do these before they come out looking good. sigh!  Sometimes I am just craft challenged.


Blessings,

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

LOL- What a job! Are THOSE the ones you made? I think they look good! What's wrong with them? Now THAT is quite a project! xo Diana

Susie said...

I think the they look fine. But I can't even imagine how you made them...I know you said plastic bottles..but how? I always tell the grandkids, there are no mistakes in art :):)Smiles, Susie

Anonymous said...

It would have been fun to have seen your version of the icicles

Hadn't seen this idea on Pinterest- goodness there are so many out there I am not surprised I hadn't seen it yet.

Christmas is slowly coming to my house- spent today working at antique doing some more organizing and arranging.

bee blessed
mary

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

WOW, neat idea!

Search This Blog