Presenting The Dog Ate My Homework and Repurposing




Well, you've heard the saying, "The dog ate my homework" and thought, "Yeah, right."  In our family that would be true.  In fact a couple of years ago a young lady stayed at our house to take care of our dogs and one of them really did eat her homework. Most recently one of my dogs (It's a conspiracy.  I just know it is.) chewed, no, tore apart, no, demolished my day planner.  It wasn't just any day planner - it was pink. Sigh.  Because my planner tends to be my brain, I needed to get another one.  Have you ever tried to buy a planner in the month of May?  It is nearly impossible.  Certainly, you cannot get the planner of your choice unless you are willing to pay a lot for it.  I am not.  So, necessity being the mother of invention, I bought a planner and recreated it.   I used scrapbook paper and traced around it and then glued over the front cover.  Next I took a sweet note that I had received from Betty, our swap hostess for art dolls at Roses on My Table and layered it on.  Then added a couple of more sayings as well as the Eiffel tower.  I added some lace, pearlescent heart confetti and sealed the edges in glitter glue.  I think I like it.  What do you think?
Please stop by and say hello to Beverly and the other pink ladies.  Beverly is getting ready to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of pink Saturday.

45 comments:

The French Hutch said...

hi Holly ,Im visiting you from "Pink Saturday" where I'm guest this week at Pink Saturday. I know your problem, years ago my problem was "the dog chewed up my photo album". With a lot of tape I saved most of my photos. Is your baby in photo a Springer? We just lost our Bentley not long ago, 13 years.......Happy Pink Saturday!

~Emily
The French Hutch

Anonymous said...

I think your planner is beautiful and one no one else in the world will have. Love your puppy dog and yep, my dog did the same thing when he was a puppy..... a Golden Retriever, whose picture is on my blog sidebar. He ate some notes I had taken plus a beautiful gardening book. I still have that torn up and misshapen book. :) HPS

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I think your day-planner is beautiful one of a kind. HPS.
hugs ~lynne~

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

I think it is perfect! I love your dog...I had a dog just like that when I was growing up.
Have a perfectly pink day!
hugs...Tami

LV said...

You never can tell what a dog will chew. I was keeping my son's dog a few years back. I made the mistake of leaving my hearing aid on the end table. I just wear one when I feel like it. Needless to say, it now has a little hole in it, but still works.

The Artful Diva said...

Your new planner is awesome!

Tobi Britton*pinkpixieforest.blogspot.com said...

Wow- you ARE a crafty little Pixie now aren't you!!!
It is just lovely- you should sell them!!
Happy Pink Saturday :)
Sparkly Hugs,
Tobi and the Pixies!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful dog! I love the planner you have created. My 10 yr old dachshund only eats Kleenex tissue!!!!!

Marti McClure said...

I love your planner! Happy Pink Saturday, this is my first time participating and it is so fun! Marti

Honey at 2805 said...

Your pink planner is gorgeous! Have a lovely day and make sure all of your Saturdays "Pink"

Honey at 2805 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Too cute, Holly! How could any little 'fella' as cute as he, do such a dastardly deed?! Chuckle!

Love your new planner ...

Have a fabulous PS weekend,
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Grace said...

Love love love your planner! Too cute. Happy Pink Saturday. Grace xoox

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Holly,
Oh gosh--this is way too cute!!! My dog ate a rare set of books we had...When I called to see if I could get them replaced, the man on the phone said, "Maybe your dog needed the knowledge." Well, we had the dog 17 years, and guess what? That torn book is such a reminder of him (in a good way) that now it is precious to us.

I love what you created, my dear friend...Your Paris theme is "tres chic!"

Happy Pink Saturday!!!
XO
Cindy

genie said...

wel, it will be a one of a kind planner now....just hide fro the pooch. What a painful but great story. I have a sign in my room at school saying “the dog ate my homework won’t work with Ms. R!” Guess I would have to give you a pass.

Average Girl said...

I am wishing that you would make me a planner! I love it. Thanks Holly for the lovely comment on my blog today!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Cheers
Tracy
As I Dream It

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

What sweet pups! Mine has just decided it is fun to grab our clean socks out of the laundry basket...just got to love them anyway! :)
Thanks so much for visiting and for your sweet comments! Hope your weekend is wonderful.
Cindy

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Holly Sweetie...
Happy Pink Saturday Sweetie and what a beautiful share. Love the dog, and the fact that he really eats homework and day planners. Oh Holly now really. Just look at the face. He looks so innocent.

Love your planner and what a great idea to recreate one. I think those would sale sweetie. Love it.

Hope you have a beautiful weekend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Betty said...

I think your planner turned out beautiful!! Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Holly! So glad you stopped by and visited my PS Wedding Gown post today! Wait til you see the next one! I'm having lots of fun with the wedding theme. Surely your precious pooches didn't really eat anything ~ they just look too adorable for words! Love your new planner, much prettier than anything you could buy!!

Happy PS!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Terri Morse said...

Hi Holly! Your planner looks terrific. I laughed when I read your "dog ate my homework" story. I have one those, too. When my son was ten, he spent quite a bit of time doing a homework assignment. The following morning, my golden retriever had it for breakfast. Of course, I had to call the teacher and tell her that he did do his homework...and the dog ate it! Fortunately, she had a sense of humor. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Terri

Scribbler said...

Your doggie looks sooo sweet. I love this breed. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

oh no!

Lorraine said...

Love your french collage day planner...and who could stay mad at that cute little face...

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday
Oh this is so fabulous. Adore your style and I would love to have such a planner. Gorgeous!
Wishes
Lynne

Bluebirds and Roses said...

So pretty,creative and feminine..HPS!

Char said...

I think the dog may have done you a big favor. I love what you have created and had it not gotten destroyed, you would not have made it. It's beautiful Holly.
Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Anonymous said...

love the new planner
when BEAR was a puppy
and in her chewing stage
she chewed 3 pair of
BIRKENSTOCK sandals in
one day...and not just
the whole pair...one
from the left foot
so i have 3 righties :D
happy pink saturday!
~victoria~

Cindy Lew's Studio said...

Good Morning,

Well you have to love um, but they can do the craziest things sometimes. Sorry about the planner, but it looks like you have created a beautiful one in its place.

Happy Pink Saturday!!
Have a Wonderful Day and Blessed Week!!!
Hugs, CindyLew

Gail said...

Your planner is great, so personalized, what could be better.
Happy PS
Gail

Daniella said...

You know, I've been to visit you a bunch of times (or i hope you know?) and every time I am so inspired!! So today, I am finally adding you to my blog roll!! I just love your creations!!!
This planner is no exception!! Totally brilliant!!
xxDaniella

Glennis said...

That's a clever way to make lemonade from lemons! What a creative and beautiful planner.

Your dogs are too sweet to blame!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Anne Lorys said...

That planner is gorgeous, great job!

Enjoy your weekend!
XOXO,
Anne

Maria said...

Hi Holly! Your planner came sooo nice! I have some pretty scrapbook paper and note cards that could help me re-purpose a plain planner ;o)
Love your design and great idea!
*happy happy weekend,
Maria

Anonymous said...

That is a great way to jazz up your new day planner. My dog never ate homework...her ate leather shoes and once a silk floral arrangement!

Hope you had a great Pink Saturday!

dana

Pinkim said...

I saw a commen the other day...Dear so and so... the next time you blame me for eating your homework I am going to blame you for the poop in the house...the Dog...lol...when I read your post I couldn't help but think of this! I love what you have done wuth the planner and I just bet you do too...I am a new follower, Pinkim from TrulySimplyPink

Anonymous said...

Yikes, but now you have the prettiest planner in the land. I would love something so pretty to keep track of me.

Happy Pink Saturday, Holly.

Tricia said...

This turned out beautifully! My dog once ate my lesson plan and supplies for teaching my class! HaHa!

Blessings,
Tricia

Jeanne said...

Hi Holly, thank you for your comment yesterday.
I love your new notebook/planner. I am sure your lovely art work is one of a kind. Good job. Your dog is beautiful.
Hugs, Jeanne

Sandi (Meme) said...

I love what you did with your planner. I bet it's better than the one you "lost", isn't it? Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment on my Pink Gloves post. I loved having you stop by and SO appreciate the comment. I'm going to join as your newest follower. Hope you stop in to visit me again sometime. Sandi

Unknown said...

I can so understand your plight with the "dog ate my homework". My daughter has lost several pieces of homework this way and I actually had to go in and discuss it with her teacher. I love your new planner and it turned out lovely.

Lisa
Belles Roses Romantiques

Mar said...

your day planner is nice! :)

warm regards,
Mar

ShabbyESP said...

Love your planner you created!!!
Thank you for visiting and leaving your sweet comment!!
Enjoy your week!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Holly,
I just popped over to say "hi" and hope you're doing great!
XO
Cindy

Amanda said...

Well, I think your doggy did you a favor...forcing you to use your crafty skills and create something so beautiful! I love love love your gorgeous planner! Happy Pink Saturday!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Search This Blog