Pink Heals


U Have you heard of "Pink Heals"?  It is a 501(c) 3 organization to help those with cancer.  They are a pretty incredible organization.  Firefighters donate their time and they drive across the U.S. raising awareness and helping out those in need.  We have a cancer walk here locally but unfortunately, all the money goes to research and not to those who are affected here.  Many cannot afford the financial burden of chemo, etc. and the closest treatment center we have is one hour away.  If you are going every day or several days a week, that can be burdensome.  The gal on my right wants to start a Pink Heals chapter here and asked them to stop by.  They did.  She also told them of some women who were personally affected and the medical/travel costs.   The men driving the truck handed over some cash as well as gas cards.
Today, I am thankful for incredible people who give - who make a difference.

Blessings,

3 comments:

Susie said...

Holly, When my Lizzy was fighting cancer, she was given some gas cards...everything helps, everything. Time , meals, gas cards, greeting cards, prayers above all. I tell people, don';t ask if you can help...just do. xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

Good for her- What a good person she is to do that- I hope she gets LOTS of support- xo Diana

Love Of Quilts said...

I am thankful too!

Search This Blog