I am thankful for creative people

This year I am busy teaching 5th and 6th graders and I try to incorporate some craft ideas.  Being one who believes in using what you have (especially when there is minimal budget), I like to go green.  I have been having the students save toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls.  God love one of my 5th grade students.  His grandmother works at a nursing home and I bet that three days a week he brought me bags of rolls.
Here is the project that we just finished.  Can you say, "Glad to be done with that project?"  Whew!  I've never been so tired of seeing paper cones!  I went to our local library sale and they had a table full of old books that they were throwing away.  That's a hoarder's creative person's dream!  I got a box full of books with aged papers and I was busy using an Xacto knife to cut out the pages.  I taught the students how to make cones and the 5th grade class went to town! (You've heard of the show, "What Not to Wear"?  Well, I should do a blog of what not to do and I would say don't do this one with 50 some students. Can you say "stressed"? I do love those students though and they came up with some very creative ideas!)
paper cone trees
 Here is where I found this project.
Blessings,

5 comments:

BG said...

I bet you all had fun!

Thanks for sharing this project Holly, I love it. I have so much paper and card that it will be a great way to use some of it.

Hugs,
Sandi
P.S. To answer your question...I don't wait for Black Friday to shop with my daughter...we're both shopaholics. :)

Susie said...

Holly, Show us how you did it. I love those trees. Smiles, Susie

Salmagundi said...

Bless you! I used to go into the schools at Christmas time and help with projects. Look over at Washington School and maybe you will see a ghost of me decorating cookies with rooms full of first graders!!! Just know you are doing something positive in those kids lives. Sally

Nancy said...

That is a beautiful project, Hlly! Crazy to do it with a class, but it's beautiful! lol Hope you're having a wonderful day!...Nancy :o)

NanaDiana said...

I LOVE those trees-I am off to find the instructions- xo Diana

Search This Blog