Pink Elegance

I'm no sure that I ever looked like this even on my best days, but doesn't this ad just ooze with elegance. I think that the ads of the past took us to the places that we dreamed of.
In the Pink - it just makes you want to buy it, doesn't it? The lines are so elegant and simple. It has a slight Erte' feel to it. I have a confession - I am a magazineaholic and I have always been! Even in my young teenage years I loved looking at magazines. I held onto them for 20+ years and eventually gave them away. Thank goodness for eBay! I was able to find my favorite Seventeen Christmas magazine from the mid to late 1970's. I think it was the last one they published in the large size. Isn't reminiscing fun?!


Did you read this ad? Isn't it fabulous?! I love old movies and old ads. There was such an elegance in everything they did - even down to an ad for makeup! These ads would make great pictures to be framed for a bathroom and boudoir.


Here is another fabulous Dorothy Gray ad.
I hope you enjoyed reminiscing with me today as we celebrate another PINK Saturday. Beverly, thank you so very much for this PINKerful idea and the privilege of being one of the featured blogs today. Please visit Beverly at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Blessings to all!




20 comments:

Unknown said...

I always wanted to be that glamorous lady in the ads. The fancy pink dress, dripping in jewels, mr tall dark and handsome by my side. At least I got the last part right! Happy Pink Saturday.

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

LoVely reminders ! HaPpY PS!
i have done a post after all :)
stop by for a challenge ?!!
THX ! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ads! I especially love the pink champagne one! Congrats on your feature, great job! Marcia

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Love all your vintage adds. Love your blog address! Congratulations on being featured this week. Blessings. Debbie

Anonymous said...

Welcome to HPS..I loved these type of ads as a child and spent hours creating illustrations of glamor fashion.I remember 1 drawing the most early on a lady with a gown with diamonds hanging on it!? I wish I kept those drawings or somebody did...Now I can create my own glam in all sorts of artsy crafts-y ways so much fun!

LV said...

Thank you taking us back in time of the clothing world. The cloths now are certainly not my style.

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

My first magazine was Seventeen way back in the '50's. My Mom and I would sit together and pour over the magazine. They were special shared moments. I think that led me to being a magazine-aholic as well. Thank heavens I have a tolerant hubby with all the magazines I bring into the house...Romantic Homes, Romantic Country, Victoria, Better Homes And Gardens, and the list marches on...lol!
Happy Pink Saturday
Jil

Patti said...

It was nice to read about you over at Beverly's blog. Your blog name struck a chord with me, as that is one of my favorite Bible verses....AND my username is A Hopeful Heart, so the word "hope" also struck a chord. Therefore, I have become your newest follower.

I LOVE the vintage ads!!! SO beautiful. Ads today can't hold a candle to those of the bygone era.

I am kind of a fish out of water with my peers. They think I'm out to lunch. To be in my 40's and like Big Band music and classic-era movies makes me seem a bit odd to most of my friends. But if I could change decades, I would go back to the 1940's in a heartbeat.

Anyhow, have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Patti (Fill My Cup with Beauty)

Anonymous said...

Do you remember Loretta Young? I so wanted to be her, such a beautiful women. We have so many older stars that we wanted to emulate back then. Loved your post.

bj said...

Hi..I'm bj, over from Beverly's. Congrats on being featured..and I'm so glad to meet you.
Love all your PINKS and, I, too, love magazines. Just looking at one yesterday and noticed the date on it was 1998...think I have some even older.:) I never, EVAH get rid of my mags.
Come by when you can.
xo bj

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous. The old movie costumes not only had elegance but so much pizzazz!

It was so much fun to stop by your blog.

Kathy said...

Love the vintage, glamorous ads! Loved that era!
Happy Pink Saturday,
Kathy

Gail said...

Oh, I do love those old ads, we have lost that elegance today, even on the red carpet, our entertainers are so sloppy, unlike the beautiful movie stars of days gone by. Thanks for sharing these. Congrats on being a featured blogger.
Hugs
Gail - Decorating My Tin Shack

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday, I always loved all those old Ads, such a great idea to share lovely days of past. Have a great Pink weekend! Marilou

Julie said...

Love the old ads! Such a glamorous time!

Holly said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for stopping by. I am so honored!
blessings,
Holly

Becky said...

I love vintage ads. Thanks for sharing these with us. Happy Pink Saturday!

Mermaids of the Lake said...

I too have always loved magazines. I can still remember my first 17 mag. from Fall of my freshman year in high school. I love the images you showed. So much fun! Congrats on being featured this week. Happy late PS!

Mermaid Debbie

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Holly. I hope you enjoyed being one of the featured participants.

I love old magazines ads, too, and these are gorgeous. And, I loved Seventeen magazine when I was a teenager. I used to drool over every page.

Roberta said...

Congrats on being a featured blog for this Sweet Saturday ;) Those were the days weren't they...when glamour was a way of life and everyone strived to achieve grace and beauty. Have a wonderful week, fondly, Roberta
http;//con-tain-it.typepad.com

Search This Blog