This weekend was awesome - the weather is cooler and fall is definitely in the air! I had heard about an apple grove and asked a friend of mine to go along. We had such a wonderful time and they had ALL kinds of apples including my favorite - JONATHAN APPLES! That was a bonus! We'll be going back next month to get different apples. We decided that we would bring a picnic then and enjoy the experience more. I'm all about the experience! But, you know there is a story...We finally found the place and went up and knocked on the door and visited with the most lovely farmer. He was so kind and excited that yet more people had come to pick their apples. When we got back into our car to follow him to the orchard, my friend said, "Holly? Why do you have on two different shoes?" I looked down and burst out in laughter and told her just to see if she was on her toes....and she was! Actually, if the truth be told...I took the sheets off the bed and hid my sneakers in the sheets so my dog would not see them. Because, you see, when she sees my sneakers, she goes BALLISTIC because she "thinks" that "WE" are going for a walk. So, I quickly threw them outside and then put them on when I went out the front door. Why I didn't notice when I was tying them is beyond me...or maybe that is me...That also reminds me of another true story...this one is not about me, but it is funny. Several years ago one of my husband's assistants at work had been out the night before enjoying a few "beverages". The next morning she came to work in two navy blue shoes. She was walking kind of funny and someone asked her why she had two different pairs of two shoes on. She looked down and thought for a moment and then said, "Well, they were both navy blue!" That was true, but one of them was a flat shoe and the other one was a high heel. It was the up-down motion when she walked that got everyone's attention. Makes me smile when I think of it.
Anyway, here is a picture of one of the apple trees.
Remember, an apple a day....
makes you wear mismatched shoes...or, how about this one: "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Yep, that one probably fits better. Happy Monday!
Blessings,
2 comments:
LOL...You are just too cute! Sounds like a really fun outing. We visited a pumpkin patch! Have a wonderful week! :o)
Too funny - poor puppy foiled again! Our dog waits to see what we're wearing (especially me). He walks up, sniffs at my legs and looks me in the eye. "Yur wearin' goin' out clothes arn'tcha?" He knows that I will go outside barefooted but my husband will not. So, standing in the doorway he looks at our feet, especially my husbands, and doesn't budge if his shoes aren't on his feet. (The dog's on leash restrictions now so it's shoes for both of us .. but the dog knows!) I don't think he'd care if they were matched or mismatched, just on ... ha.
We picked apples in an orchard once - awesome . . . pick some for me too! :)
Enjoyed the post. Glad I caught up on posts!
Post a Comment