Joining Beverly for Pink saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad. A year ago I saw this idea somewhere in blogland. (If anyone knows where, I will gladly give credit). I decided to give it a try. Sometimes there are cute ideas that are just calling to me to try. So, here is a mini how-to.
Supplies: newsprint, pencil for tracing, striped stockings, and black boots from a thrift store.
1. Have your daughter or some other willing female lay down on their side on a roll of newsprint.
2. Trace around their legs and cut out your pattern.
3. Trace the legs onto a light solid colored broadcloth or other non-stretchy fabric. Cut out 4 pieces - 2 leg pieces for each side. When you are cutting, make sure that you add approximately 1/2" seam allowance.
4. Stitch both sets of legs (right sides together) together and turn right side out.
5. Stuff legs and insert a 3/4" or large dowel in each leg.
6. Pull striped tights over each leg.
7. Put cute black boots on the feet.
8. Place legs in an outside garden container. Make sure the dowels are planted firmly into the soil.
9. Wrap nylon thread several times around the ankles of both legs so that she is not doing the splits one day when you come home from work.
10. Enjoy your creation!
Blessings,

17 comments:
That's so fun! It would be cute with chubby red Santa legs at Christmas too when he misses the chimney! lol Happy Friday to you, my sweet friend! :o)
That's great! Have a wonderful and fun weekend.
Hugs from Idaho,
Susan and Bentley
I am still laughing at number 9!
Holly, you are too funny! Actually here we would need some serious waterproofing! After 10 weeks + of drought we are now swimming...Then there is the 25 miles/hr winds to contend with as well...This lovely prop of yours would raise some serious eyebrows whilst flying off over the island...
Blessings Friend,
Hi Holly, What a fabulous Halloween decoration! It's so creative. Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti
If you hadn't mentioned it I'd never have thought about how to protect her witchiness from unlady like leg placement! It looks adorable.
Cool!
My PINK is also a giveaway so come and check it out, you might want to join. Have a great weekend.
I saw that somewhere, too and thought it so funny!
Yours turned out so cute, you did a great job and that you for the tutorial!
HPS!
♥ Jil
At least you created and designed something different and unique for Halloween.
Love it!! Happy Pink Saturday. I never thought of making legs for it. I was just going to try stuffing the tights, but your way makes so much more sense!!
Jenny
O, gosh...this is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Thanks for telling us how to make it.
And, thanks for visiting and becoming a follower...I am following your right back...
and, sorry, but I had a chocolate attack and ate every single bit of what I had. :))))
That's so cut! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday.
~Clara
Hi, Holly,
and thanks for stopping by. The pumpkins were fun to make, and everybody's turned out different.
Very cute idea, and I think I have those very same Halloween stockings.
D
What a great idea. Thanks so much for the tutorial. You are so clever. genie
Too cute, I wish I had thought of that!
That is awesome. I have never seen anything like that, thanks for a great idea.
That's so cute for Halloween! Thanks for the tutorial.
Cindy
Cute idea -
Yes, you wouldn't want the legs doing the splits!
Post a Comment