The Workout


Krav Maga
 I'm the one on the right...not!
 So, yesterday I think that I mentioned that my body is sore.  Can you say painful?  I am taking self defense classes because one of the things I've always wanted to do is to karate or the equivalent thereof.  Have I lost you yet?  Are you still reading?....hello?....okay, well, anyway...Yes, I am old, out of shape AND the only female (at the moment) in the class.  Thankfully, the class is small, so that isn't to big of an issue.  The workout was good and did I mention EMBARRASSING? I am sure that I look like a total moron and I really do hit :like a girl".  Okay, let's just be honest....assuming you are still with me.  We are all girls here, right?  Well, do you remember (okay, maybe not you, but I did) way back when you were young and you thought you were fat weighing more than you should've?  Oh, what I wouldn't give for those days!!  Because now it IS true and what's sad is, no matter what kind of a perky outfit I wear, nothing is going to look very perky, SO, I just go however because I am old and don't care AS MUCH as I used to. 
I have enjoyed telling people of my "woes" from the whole experience and have even signed up for this month.  I'm sure that more good stories might come from this, so I leave you with this thought:


 love the squinty eyes

Blessings,

5 comments:

Susie said...

We are never too old to learn. So you can kick butt. I know sore dear Holly. Remember I am helping paint a house. Even my fingers hurt.:):)Smiles, Susie

sandy said...

You're very brave. I think I'm a bit too old to try that but I DID take a defensive judo class in college and was able to "throw" people twice as big as me to the floor. Now, to defend myself, I think I'll just run!

sandy ;)

Noelle the dreamer said...

Oh Holly, I have said it before: You are priceless! I was actually reading your post over the phone as I rang my daughter. She agrees with me, you bring sunshine into others lives! Thank you!
Ok, so we are not as 'lissom' as we used to be, but as long as you enjoy yourself and reach your goal, go for it! No need to feel embarrassment!
Applauds from our little island: you are learning to defend yourself (and sad to say, it might not be a bad idea with all the shenanigans out there).
Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Great post. Just love it!

Cute picture and sentiment at the end.

Like I said, "you rock".

And, it's so true that the fat we thought we were wasn't until . . .

Thanks, Jenn

Anonymous said...

Great post. Just love it!

Cute picture and sentiment at the end.

Like I said, "you rock".

And, it's so true that the fat we thought we were wasn't until . . .

Thanks, Jenn

Search This Blog