Well, I thought that I would change things up a little bit and show a mini tutorial on making a cover for your printer. I had been thinking for a long time that I needed to cover ours because it gets so dusty in our family room. (I am blaming that on two 60+ pound dogs who love to run in and out and bark at
NOTHING!) Anyhow, I got this great printer/copier/scanner at a yard sale for $5. Can you believe that?! And, it works like a charm. I just hope I haven't waited too long to protect it. Anyhoo, here is what I did:
1. I went to the local
mall Wal Mart and bought some of the flocked table covering fabrics they have to use for picnic tables, etc. I chose this because no dust should find its' way in because it is plastic. Plus, if it gets dirty, all I have to do is wipe it off. I found a fun black and white damask print. I bought 1 1/2 yards because I wasn't sure how much to get. A yard would have been great.
2. I laid it over the printer and marked the fabric where to cut. Keep in mind that anytime you cover something, you need to allow some "give". How do I know that? (Well, that's another post...)
3. Cut your fabric on the lines marked.
4. Lay the fabric inside out over whatever it is you are covering and pin.
5. Then measure and mark where your pins are and make the same marks on the opposite side. Make sure your edges are even and readjust if necessary.
6. Next, miter your corners and lay over your printer and double check your measurements. Once you are satisfied, go ahead and stitch all 4 corners. Trim 1/4 - 1/2" away from the seamline and turn right side out.
7. Wallah...you have a great looking cover.
Blessings,
6 comments:
What a wonderful mini tutorial, my friend! Your cover looks great...it's a gorgeous print! Have a very happy Monday! :o)
Great idea Holly and I like the damask print!
Did you get all your pretties that you bought this weekend put up where you want? Just got back from taking Carolyn to airport-now it's working on printing and mailing out 500 newsletters- always something!
bee blessed
mary
Great tutorial!
Oh Holly I have to say this one great idea, I love the fabric print you chose as well....
Big Smiles~
Mari
Oh and it saves from all that dusting inside the paper trays! We have the Dog Dude and the Cat. The amount of dust they create is incredible. Even with the Dog Dude on leash restrictions to the outdoors.
Makes me want to cover everything!
Great fabric choice all the way around. A little padding between the fabric and the printer. And, what a deal on the printer.
Chicken. I enjoyed your comments back on the chicken. :)
Oh, this would be SO nice to have! One of those things that I didn't realize I needed until I saw it! :)
Hope you have a lovely weekend!!
Mrs. Sarah Coller
Post a Comment