Kids say the Darndest Things

Kids Say the Darndest things ;)
Do you remember Art Linkletter?  I didn't appreciate that show then, but I do now.  Children make me laugh.  I do love their pureness of heart.
 This is so adorable!
Last week in class one of the kids asked me how old I was (seems to be one of those Frequently Asked Questions).  Now, mind you, usually I say that I'm 80 to watch for their reaction and then I add, "I look really good, don't I?"  And, then they say, "Oh, Mrs. Lewis, no sir."  I don't know how it happened, but it slipped out of my mouth without thinking and I said "20".  It also made me laugh because a couple of the boys got real serious all of a sudden and bent over to whisper to their neighbors, "No she's not."  I think they were worried that some of them might think that and they wanted to set the record straight.  I don't think I'll ever answer back with 'how old do you think I am?"
What fond memories of children do you have?


Blessings,

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, Holly! What a wonderful post! I really needed the chuckles this morning! I have the flu or a cold or something and I think I'm feeling sorry for myself! :o( Love the sweet letters to God! Thank you! Have a fabulous Fall weekend! It's Thanksgiving Weekend for us and I'm very thankful for you! :o)

DearHelenHartman said...

So many smiles during this post! I remember watching Art Linkletter for the Kids Say The Darndest Things segment. Also thanks for the lovely review on Amazon!

Love Of Quilts said...

This was a joy to read, so sweet and they do say the darndest things.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

What sweet innocent letters. Thanks so much for sharing them. Funny story about telling your age. - Abby

Anne said...

Those are so sweet! I remember Art Linkletter from the 60s!
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Anne

sandy said...

Kids are so freshly honest! We take care of our four year old grandson and he is so entertaining! He's just a breath of fresh air as are all children with their innocence.
Thanks for sharing the letters to God. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I'm late getting around to your posts. And, I don't even know why. Sounds like a kid's response, doesn't it? Those were some great kid-reads. Some are uncanny and others just plain cute. When I was skinny-minnie and wore the jeans my mom made, the little kindergarten kids told me I looked really wide. :/ I didn't like those jeans to begin with - and you betcha I tried to find other ones to wear from then on. And, I was skinny skinny skinny. Go figure?

Search This Blog