Listen to the whisper

Whisper...



“When the world says, 'Give up,' hope whispers, 'Try it one more time.' ”Author Unknown
This made me think of the wonderful story in I Kings:

The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.” Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. (1 Kings 19:11-13 NIV)

Did you know that the word LISTEN and SILENT have the same letters?  Interesting...


Blessings,

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Ooh...that's very interesting, isn't it?
Guess what? It's snowing!! WOOHOO!!
Have a happy, happy day! :o)

Salmagundi said...

Hi Holly! Thanks for this reminder -- I have trouble listening sometimes. BTW, you left your violin poster in my car in Walsenburg. The next time Bob goes to LJ to see his mother, I'll have him drop it off at Jefferson in RF if that's all right? Sally

Noelle the dreamer said...

No, I did not know both words had the same letters Holly! Learned something yet again! Thanks for sharing (and unlike NickelNook, we have no snow and I say WooHoo!!)
Blessings,

Anonymous said...

First, I love the photo. I recognize the face of the one little girl - someone famous I am sure. Just can't place it. Or am I dreaming?
Second, just because that's the way I'm mentioning it, I love the way you merged the photo, the saying and the verses in Kings. Wonderful!
Third, b/c that's really the last thing I thought - how true this is .. . what a battle it is to get it that the whisper is it. It wouldn't be faith if He just landed in our sight with a shout. Oh that's a neat thought. Someday perhaps soon?
Okay, 4th, but it should be third. Ah! I forgot! :( Oh well. Boy that thought flew the coop.
Enjoyed ... oh yes (chicken?) it was the letters in listen and silence being the same. How 'bout that!
'K, that's it. Enjoyed your post tremendously and know you'll get a good laugh on the less serious side of my comment. (Loved the seriousness though. LOved it). :) Jenn
Phew! That was close. I almost lost all of this comment b/c I wasn't signed in to WordPress! Ooops!

Anonymous said...

PS - going to post on your post 10/26. Thank you!

Search This Blog