Encouragement




“Encouragement is the oxygen of the soul.”
—George M. Adams(1837-1920); US Representative from Kentucky

Call me Mrs. Barnabas because I am an encourager. A couple of days ago I talked about knowing your purpose. We get to understand how to work our purpose when we know what our gifts are. One of my gifts is encouragement and I like that one! I like to help people recognize their attributes and good things in their lives - we need to know that our life has value and purpose. There are people around us everyday that go unnoticed for their hard work or the things that we take for granted - be sure to recognize what it is they have done. When we tell someone "nice job" or "you can do it", we are giving them a gift. The bonus of it is that both the giver and the receiver are blessed! Who will you bless today?

3 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Holly,
Thank you so much for linking "encouragement" up--It is beautiful!!! AND I absolutely LOVE your blog name as it is my favorite Bible verse...

Would you like to know where I learned it? From a woman in a parking lot at a church in California...she told me about it in 2005--I didn't know it was in there...and it became my favorite verse.

HUGS,
Cindy
xoxox

Olive said...

Holly, a great word. Who cannot use some encouragement?
hugs♥olive

Scrapping With Sherry said...

We all need some encouragement in our lives dont we? Even if it is just from ourselves.

Take Care~ Sherry

Search This Blog