
Today is a better day. I had time to think and reflect on where things are in my life. Do you remember the saying, "Rome wasn't built in a day"? That covers a lot - my life isn't done, what I believe God has called me to do isn't done but step by step with God's help, this will happen.
I bought on a whim a book called Ruby Slippers by Jonalyn Grace Fincher and it is going to be one of those that I will refer to again and again. Such wisdom comes from Jonalyn! She hits the nail on the head about what women struggle with - measuring ourselves against someone else whether what they have is better or worse. We put value into who we are based on our culture and what it teaches us. We have believed the lie that we are only worthy if we are beautiful or better than or....What we need to embrace is the truth that we are all fearfully and wonderfully made and that truly our beauty comes from our own soul. Wow! What a book. What a wise woman Jonalyn Grace Fincher is!
1 comment:
Hello. It's so lovely to meet you.
My name is joey and i live in Australia.
Big hugs, joey
Post a Comment