I have pondered and pondered what to write about today. The main reason I am struggling is because I have a friend who is going through a difficult time and I wish so much that I had the right words or the answer she needed, but I don’t. She told me that her faith is really shaken right now (been there, done that). So many thoughts come to my mind…sometimes we think that if we are just “good enough” that things will get better and guess what? They don’t. We wonder what we’ve “done wrong” and what we need to do “different” in order for things to get better. . . that isn’t the answer either. We wonder how the rest of the world seems to go on and no one seems to understand, or worse, care about the depth of the pain we are feeling. The difficult thing is the world does go on and no human can probably understand the depths of our pain or wants to because it hurts too much. Here is what I can say because I have been through a dark night of the soul experience. When you come out on the other side you see how faithful God was. It isn’t about God coming in and making everything okay (believe me, this idea caused me a lot of heartache) as it is God being with us in the process. God is faithful and He does take care of His own…it’s just that we don’t tend to see that until the event has passed. That does lead us to another truth, though, and that is, “This too shall pass.” That is a promise and a good one. Difficult times make us better – if we choose to. How many times have we gone through painful situations only to find that after the storm has passed that we are stronger and a better person because of it? I am sure that is not what my friend wants to hear right now. So until the storm has passed just know that I am lifting you up in prayer, my friend.

No comments:

Search This Blog