“Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.”
—Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888); Novelist
—Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888); Novelist
I am a dreamer - always have been - probably always will be and I'm no spring chicken either, sweetheart. Scripture teaches us that where there is no vision the people perish (Prov 29:18). How insightful those words are - we have to have hope - something to work toward. But, I have to add a word of caution. If we are not careful we can allow ourselves to always live toward the future without enjoying the present. I did that for years until one day I realized what I was doing...I had the "if onlys"...if only I lose weight, if only I had this job, this outfit, this house, was smarter....the list could go on and on (trust me). "If only" is a dangerous place to be because in our mind we are not "enough" until we get the "if only." So, I challenge you to look at your present circumstances and enjoy and embrace where you are and who you are because after all there "is only" one you!
No comments:
Post a Comment