Beadedly Challenged


Is that a word? All summer I have been looking forward to a dear friend showing me how to bead. She made the most beautiful Santa head that was loomed. The finished piece is about 5x7". It is stunning. Why is it that when I want to learn something new that I start with the most difficult project imaginable hoping for a masterpiece? Sigh. Well, today I did feel “beadedly challenged.” It made me think, though, about life. How many times do we go through something and we want to learn it and BE DONE so that we don’t have to learn it anymore? I know that I have…many times. Sometimes the learning seems so painful, so long, so…..But, I have come to find out that if I didn’t experience the process of learning that I would truly not be able to appreciate the outcome, or in this case - a masterpiece. All though I have questioned God more than once, He knows what He is doing in our lives. If we ran before we learned to crawl, then we would fall flat on our face. But, because we go through the steps to get us to run, we are able to do so and not grow weary. No, I don’t always like the process but I do enjoy the masterpiece. What beautiful masterpiece is He working on in your life?

No comments:

Search This Blog