Find out who you are and do it on purpose.
Dolly Parton
I love this quote! Do you know people who try to figure out what their purpose is or if they are even here for a purpose? Or. . .have you seen people try to go out and create their purpose? We are all born with God-given talents and the combination of our talents is unlike anyone else - now if that is not knowing you are here for a purpose, then I don't know what is! If you are seeking to understand your strengths, then might I suggest the book, "Living Your Strengths." It has an online personality test by the Gallup Organization and helps you identify your top 5 strengths. When I took the test, I was amazed and pleased with the results because it was me. Sometimes people will say that their strengths are "boring" - not so!! We need all the strengths and whatever it is that you have, then use it! If it is organization, then come to my house cause I need it! If it is being responsible then teach others what that means. Did you know that one of the strengths even has to do with someone who likes to collect words or sayings or things? Now that was not in my top 5, but I'm tellin' ya that it was at least in my top 10 because I have the garage and basement to prove it - they are a (pleasing) mess of my collections of things that I see that have "potential." Oh, and let's not forget ALL OF THE BOOKS OF SAYINGS AND QUOTES that I have not to mention folders full of quotes on my computer. My office is full of them too. Yep, that is definitely a strength.
So, do like Dolly says, "Find out who you are and DO IT ON PURPOSE! Lookin' forward to meetin' ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment