Today I hosted a luncheon for some friends. We had such a nice time - good food, laughter, flowers, pretty china - just being together. With our fast paced world today, we often miss out on the one-on-one time that we spend with others. We are so busy driving, texting, working, etc. that we don't often take the time to visit with those we care about. I'm glad I slowed down enough to spend time with some of the special blessings in my life. At each of their places I wrapped a diamond ornament in some tulle and set it above their place with this saying: Diamonds are made beautiful and valuable under pressure. Thank you for being one of the diamonds in my life. I have been blessed with wonderful women in my life and they are all diamonds. Each of them has had their own struggles that has made their beauty shine through even more. I want to make sure that I let them know how special they are to me as well as to others. What about you? What is your diamond story?
9 comments:
HELLO HOLLY,
I STOPPED BY TO WISH YOU WELCOME TO YOUR FIRST PINK SATURDAY POST.
THE WOMAN OF HOPE....I BOUGHT THAT PAINTING FOR MY DAUGHTER 15 YEARS AGO. WE BOTH LITERALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH IT AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT ANY WHERE ELSE UNTIL NOW ON YOUR BLOG.
MY BELOVED AMY, MY ONLY DAUGHTER, WAS/IS A WOMAN OF HOPE.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU A WHOLE LOT BETTER.
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE
Just wanting to welcome you to Pink Saturday. This is a great group of gals, and I'm sure you will love being a part of the pink fun.
What a lovely gift you gave to your friends. I'm sure they were all very touched.
Have a lovely day,
Patti (Fill My Cup with Beauty)
YOur friends must have felt so very special and loved! What a great saying and little gift.
And this is a wonderful reminder for me as well!
Happy Pink Saturday. So nice to know you!
Yvonne
Glad you are participating in your first Pink Saturday. You are involved and doing some very nice things for worthy causes.
How cute is that! What a darling treat!
m ^..^
This is a wonderful story. Our friends are true treasures.
I just stopped by to welcome you to your first Pink Saturday, and to see your pink post.
Welcome to Pink Saturday. Your gift to your friends is beautiful and I know they were/are touched by how you feel about them.
Hugs
Gail - Decorating My Tin Shack
How touched I was too read everyone's posts. Thank you so much! I LOVE pink and am excited to be part of such a wonderful group. Thank you all so much!
Happy Pink Saturday, so glad you joined us. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment