Treasures

  January seems to be one of those months where we clean things out and give things away.  Thrift stores welcome those who give away and those who want to get new treasures.  There is a time to purge just as there is a time to save.  They say that our home is a reflection of ourselves.  If that's the case, then I'm in trouble because I am a hoard collector of sorts.  Believe it or not, I do get rid of things...things I am sure I will not use or no longer have value to me.  Likewise, there are times that I need to give up some things in my busy schedule.  How do you tell?  Well, for me it is often a sense of things.  Sue Monk Kidd said it well in "The Secret Life of Bees".. “The body knows things a long time before the mind catches up to them. I was wondering what my body knew that I didn't.”
Sometimes we need to give things up.  But we do that so we can get something even better! 

Blessings,

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

It took me a long time to learn that lesson, Holly. To just give up some of the time I was lavishing on outside projects and commitments. It was freeing when I finally did it. I am also more cautious in saying YES to something now than Iused to be. xo Diana

Love Of Quilts said...

I am a collector too..... so I guess that means my house is to full of stuff. I have been trying to declutter...O my a reflection of ourselves.lol

Linda M. said...

I've been doing just that. Trying to clean out the junk and organize the TREASURE. I've been trying to listen to my body too. A reflection of me, art supplies and dust bunnies. My body is saying, 'Don't clean...Create!' lol
Joyous Wishes, Linda

Search This Blog