Aged beauty

We can't do much about our appearance, but we have total control over the kind of person we become. 
As I continue to age, this quote becomes more real to me..skin doesn't fit as well, wrinkles...you know the routine....well, maybe you don't.  Some things we can't control, but we can control who emerges from the inside of us.  Perhaps our beauty does fade over time, but then again, maybe we become even more beautiful.  Maybe the lessons we've learned and the experiences we've had bring out our beauty just like the patina  in wood or metal.  Maybe the most beautiful ones are the ones who have been patinaed (that's my new word) with age and wisdom.
Blessings,

4 comments:

Susie said...

I just heard on the today show...you can't always look younger, but you can always look elegant. I am all for that. Smiles to you, Susie(She Junks)

NanaDiana said...

I am all about finding the inner beauty in people...the part where God lives. The rest is just the dressing on the soul~xo Diana

Ivy and Elephants said...

The beautiful image caught my eye on another blog and drew me in, but your words touched my heart.
Inspiring!
Patti

Linda M. said...

Good Morning Holly, The door in the image is awesome. I know and have known women who are like this. My mother and several aunts were and are examples. Have a wonderful Friday! Joyous Wishes, Linda

Search This Blog