What Not to Do

Yep, that is the name of my next blog...on second thought, it'll be my "other" name for this blog.  I could come up with endless material for this category.
The peach jelly is done, but I'm not sure if it turned out or not.  I'll have some tomorrow.  I can share one "what not to do".  Just because the jalapeno peppers smell like a regular bell pepper doesn't mean that it is one.  When working with jalapeno peppers, do what the instructions say and wear gloves!!  Yes, Virginia, there are instructions for a reason.  So, my message for today will be "follow the rules". Pinned Image
Yep...

Blessings,

5 comments:

DearHelenHartman said...

YIKES! We see jalapenos in everything these days so it's easy to think they are just like a common pepper. OUCH.

NanaDiana said...

ohhhhh...nooooooo....xo Diana

Susie said...

Holly, Your rule for wearing gloves , took me back in time. Once our mom worked at a pepper canning factory...us kids would double dog dare each other to stick our tongues on mom's gloves.:) Now how sanitary is that anyway? It's a wonder we lived:):) Smiles, Susie

Noelle the dreamer said...

HOLLY!!! Really? No, you did not forget to wear gloves???
Love the sign! Hubby says: YEP!
Take care of your hands!

Anonymous said...

I can't even breathe the air around the jalapeno when I'm washing/cutting it. It irritates my sinuses something terrible. Plus, I have to wash my hands with a grease cutting dish washing liquid and use a fingernail brush, just in case! And, no, they make look/smell like a green pepper but NOT. :) or :/
as the case may be. You can use plastic sandwich bags over your hands if no gloves.

I'm anxious to hear how it turned out and interested in the recipe too. Our local grocer carries Habanero Pepper Jelly - oh it is soooo good but Habaneros are REALLY hot.

I'm glad you got the jelly finished.

One last word of caution - that jalapeno juice from those peppers can transfer easily to eyes, nose . . . and as a guy we know found out . . . elsewhere . . .and cause horrible irritation that is very unbearable. I'm just sayin . . . .

How's the house/kitchen/plumbing?

Search This Blog