The Pink Wall

This summer was a whirlwind of things!  I've never had a summer go so fast.  The first and most wonderful thing I did this summer was visit my first born grandson in upstate New York.
Can you say adorable?!
When I got home I painted and painted and painted...I'll interpret that for you - I painted the family room once and the dining room twice...yep, I believe in trying an idea and if it doesn't work, do it over...Actually, if the truth be known, I painted the room and thought it would be fun to have ONE fancy dinner in there, but then I would want it something different.  My husband didn't like it at all.  What he really objected to was the black tutu on the dress form.  Go figure...
Anyhoo, I repainted the wall a soft pink and I will sneak put the dress form out at the holidays to give it a dressy effect. 
More pictures to come of this summer's "to done" list.  Unfortunately, the "to do" list is a little bit longer.
And, in keeping with the daily (well, almost) quotes, I leave you with this:
The secret of getting ahead is getting started.  Mark Twain
What did you accomplish this summer?
Linking with Beverly at Pink Saturday.


Blessings,

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh yes, Holly! I can definitely say ADORABLE!!
The pink is GORGEOUS, of course! I'm loving the black tutu, as well as the pink stepladder!
Love the quote too! Have a beautiful day, friend! :o)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the grandbaby! And he is adorable!

It's funny to think upstate New York, aren't you North of NY? It'd be down state. I know, it's just the way I think.

Gorgeous tutu - pink and black are always great together!

NanaDiana said...

Husbands. Find a cut out of Vince Lombardi (or your famed football coach of choice) and put it in the dining room- bet he won't complain at all...then you can put the tutu lady on the other wall...he'll be so busy looking at Lombardi he will never notice. xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Holly, What a cutie for a grandson you have!!

Just don't understand why our hubbies wouldn't want a black tutu in the dining room! Ithink it is cute!

I apologize for not getting back to you about the jam- totally forgot till I saw your post today.

If the jars are not wiped off real good so that the tops make a good seal they will do as you stated. After they sit and cool you can check them but pushing down the middle of the flat- if it goes up and down (it should stay down) you can take the tops off and reclean and seal then water bath the jars.

Was it only one jar that you had the problem with?

bee blessed
mary

Search This Blog