I have been waiting all year to take the next picture. I meant to take a picture of this last year but they had already removed "the accessories." This just cracks me up. There are perks to living in a small town. There is a large plastic deer that resides in the front lawn of a home and he gets a makeover on certain holidays. He doesn't look quite the same as in years past because he used to don a patriotic top hat and beard and look like (for a deer) Uncle Sam. But, he does still have the beard. I could swear that is a Santa hat that is on him. Maybe they are trying to combine holidays. Anyway, I thought you might like him.
This picture here is what it is all about, isn't it? I think of the people I know who are protecting us as I write this. I think of my father-in-law who was at Pearl Harbor the day it was bombed. Thank you to those who truly are our heroes! Tony Hathcock, photographer.
I love this next picture - it is sparkler city! The photographer of this picture is Jen Siegrist.
And, the grand finale - it just wouldn't be Pink Saturday without a little bit of pink. God bless the woman who created these. Happy 4th of July and Happy Pink Saturday everyone! God bless you!!
I am linking with Pink Saturday. Please stop by and visit Beverly and all of the other wonderful Pink Saturday girls!





36 comments:
Glad to hear your computer was repaired just in time for Pink Saturday! Have a safe and happy 4th.
Hugs,
Susan and Bentley
Great capture of the fire works. Have a blessed & safe holiday.
HPS
LL
Glad you got your computer back in time for Pink Saturday! That deer is too funny! The pink fireworks are wonderful! Happy PS!
Sherry @ A Happy Valentine
Having suffered computer woes myself, congratulations on getting yours back again.
Re the reindeer - it does look rather Christmas-ish (suspiciously so, in fact) but still great fun. I've done a mad Uncle Sam blinkie this week (needless to say, the LinkUP thingie didn't work and only gave me a blank grey avatar - and won't let me edit!)
Happy Pink Saturday and a hug from the UK.
Oh gosh, Holly, I'm so glad you got your computer fixed in time--I will have to light a sparkler to celebrate!!!
Happy Pink Saturday and Happy 4th of July!!!
XO
Cindy
I LOVE that deer! And your other photos too. Glad you got your 'puter amped up so you could show 'em off.
Great news!
Happy 4th July!
Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs
Charo
I never wanted a computer, but now I am not sure if I could make it through the day without it. I enjoyed all your patriotic shots.
Happy Pink Saturday and Fourth of July weekend, Holly! Glad you have your computer running again. I would be lost without mine. Enjoy your weekend.
Blessings,
Sandi
Glad to hear you're up and running again. Welcome back to the black hole they call the internet.....just try not to get sucked in to deeply.
Seriously though, it's the pits when our PC goes down and It's like the heavens above have opened up and shining all their lovely warmth upon us when our PC is up again....even better when we get a new one. :-)
I have pink flamingos that I used to dress (when my girls were young) for the holidays.
Have a pinkishly beautiful
Independence Day weekend.
Happy Pink Saturday Holly! I still have to get my post up, actually I have to take pic's first! I just came back from the PO as I was mailing my tags for Bird Song Swap and so now I'll do my post for PS, rest, clean up my mess from my last creative project and organize my space for the Blog Party at Desert Cottage and then organize my stuff for classes, I have to pick up a few items so that means some Micheal's coupon clipping! I was thinking I would put each of the supplies that pertain to the class in separate boxes, so I can pull this off! Sorry to be so long,, have a wonderful and safe 4th of July! Hugs Marilou
Happy Pink and 4th of July Holly Sweetie...
Glad to hear that you have your computer back in time for Pink Saturday. I am always off track if I don't get my PINK fix.
Love this deer. Is that cute or what? Top hat and bow, just the right accessories for the 4th of July celebration. Love your pinks as well sweetie.
Have a beautiful safe, 4th of July. Many hugs and much love, Sherry
Computer problems are the worst. You have the perfect post this week, makes you laugh, makes you cry.
Whatever the emotion, I hope you have the best 4th ever. Be safe and remember, Char
Holly, what does that look of yours look like, I may borrow it to accomplish other things around here with men. Chuckle! So glad your computer is back up.
Love that deer ...what a fun time one can have with this.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend, my friend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon
I know about the computer problems. I finally got a new one. I either love it or hate, depending on how its behaving on any given day. Your post was so cute and funny. Your a good writer. I enjoyed your photos, all so cute. My Darling Dad was in Pearl Harbor, not that day but he talked about it alot. I have my flag out on the front, for my dad and father-in-law, both served in WWW11. I love your blog, a great post too.
Happy fourth of July
~Emily
The French Hutch
Soooo..How long have you HAD that deer on YOUR front lawn? bwhahahaha. We used to have neighbors that had flamingos (sorry all you plastic flamingo lovers)..and they (the owners) would go out at night and move them around a bit to make it look like they had "moved". Well, it was FLORIDA...and they WERE old!..lol..Now I think I am older than they were!
Loved your nice PINK ending! xo Diana
Glad to see your computer is up too by the way and I'm not organized normally, just making a plan so I can mange classes maybe #3 ?? lol Glad you enjoyed your lemonade! Marilou xo
Hi Holly ,
I'm getting back to you about the totes. They are $25.00 and that includes the shipping within the US . My email is floshar5@gmail.com , if you want to order one .
Sharon
Love the pink spirit in the fireworks!
Computers..we depend on them?!
Happy 4th of July and PS!!
xo
Kay Ellen
Love the deer dressed up! In the little town that I grew up in, there was a Pink Panther that was dressed up every holiday and sat on a porch swing. It was so fun to drive by and see what he was wearing...thanks for reminding me of that fun memory! Have a Happy 4th of July weekend!
~Trisha
I am a sucker for fireworks. Love them more if they're pink! :) Happy weekend!
Small towns are wonderful! Love the deer. Happy 4th & Pink Saturday
Awww that deer is a cutie pie! How fun! Love the flag and the pretty pink sparkling fireworks! Happy Fourth of July!
Hugs,
Olivia
Thank you for coming by the Tin Shack and seeing the antler chandelier that I am hoping for.
Hope your 4th is grand, nothing better then celebrating the birthday of our nation as it won its freedom from Britain.
May God Bless you all.
Gail
Nice photos. Happy 4th and Happy Pink Saturday. Trish
I know what you mean about the computer! Thanks for the laugh. Love the pictures--getting excited about the 4th. Happy Pink Saturday!
Holly it is always so fun to come and read your blog. It is so up lifting. Love all the photos that you posted. Each ahs touched me in someway.
The deer made me laugh. It does look like the mixing of two holidays I agree.
Hpe your having a wonderful fourth of July weekend.
Blessings
Thanks for stopping by to my blog. You are always welcome again! ;)
I love that firework!
Glad you were able to play! Lovely Pinks! Thank you so much for the blog visit and have a wonderful July 4th!
I don't go to fireworks, but I love your pink one! Happy 4th!
santa deer on a 4th? such a cutie deer:)
enjoy the celebration, dear:)
I found you through Pink Saturday. I especially love the pink fireworks. -Lola at Dharma Killed Dogma Buddhist Blog
I'm glad you've got your computer back. Love the picture of the patriotic deer!
Happy 4th of July and PS!
That deer is a hoot......
Happy 4th....
Sorry it took so long to get back to you - we were out celebrating the 4th!
I placed aluminum foil over a rubbing plate and gently burnished it with my hand then adhered it to the substrate (in this case paper) using soft gel medium. Once dry (overnight) I added the alcohol ink. Krylon spray webbing can be purchased at your local craft store. As far as I know, it comes in black and gold. I just sprayed it on painted background - easy peasy!
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Pat
Post a Comment