Something Old Something New

Today is an eclectic mix of things to show you. The first comes from a planter outside our front door.  I love mixing colors of flowers.  The more the merrier!
We've had three incredible rains here this month (that's about three more than usual), so my flowers are doing nicely.  My flowers would like to add a personal thank you for the rain because their owner isn't the best when it comes to taking care of them.  
Would you believe that the next picture is of the wreaths that my bridesmaids wore in their hair at our wedding a century, a few years ago?  
A dear friend of mine who was in my wedding came to my daughter's wedding.  She had given her bridesmaid outfit to my daughter about a year ago and we decided to make something out of the blouse for "something old".  We made a garter.  Would you also  believe that I don't have a picture of that at the moment?  I do, however, have a picture of the skirt hem.  It is quite pretty.

Well, I think I will stop here.  Short and sweet.  Have a lovely weekend and stay cool.
I am linking with Show and Tell Friday and Pink Saturday.

30 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely treasure to have. Memories of a friend & the wedding.
v

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday
What a beautiful treasure to share with us.
Wishes
Lynne

Cindy Adkins said...

Happy Pink Saturday!!! These wedding memories are amazing, Holly. WOW!

XO
Cindy

Rebecca said...

Hi
Thanks so much for stopping by,
How wonderful to be relaxing this week and thinking about the wedding- your daughter is certainly beautiful. What a wonderful time for you
Blessings
Rebecca

black eyed susans kitchen said...

This is just a beautiful post in all ways!

Anonymous said...

I love that you are re-using these old treasures... more memories are being created! Thanks for sharing with us on this Pink Saturday...

Char said...

Hi Holly, I hope you too have a lovely weekend.
I had made a wreath for our daughters hair when she married and she still has it. The colors in your wreath are still very vibrant and so pretty. The hem on the dress is gorgeous!!
Happy Pink Saturday to you. You do seem to have a green thumb with your lovely flowers, Char

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful post, Holly! I hope you have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

Nancy said...

How precious! Love the hem of the skirt.

Happy Pink Saturday!

Daniella said...

Lovely flowers!!
And your wedding items, and your friends are awesome!! And she was in your wedding and came to your daughters!! That is wonderful!
HPS!!
xxDaniella

Melissa said...

Those flowers are lovely. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Hi Holly Happy Pink Saturday, what a treasure you have there! See you over at the Gathering! Hugs Marilou

Anonymous said...

How sweet Holly. The hem of the dress is amazing.

I hope you have a very nice weekend.

LaVerne said...

Thanks for stopping by Riverside to celebrate Pink Saturday. Love the vintage "Flowers in Her Hair" garland headpieces... bet the garter was lovely...what a treasure for your daughter to be able to wear something from your wedding on her special day. I love stories like that. Have a Pink week.

Robin said...

Lovely flowers and so sweet the wreath and hem. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Have a pinkishly beautiful weekend.

Mrs. Bishop said...

What a great idea. HPS!

Susie Jefferson said...

Fabulous treasured memories - I hope you'e scrapbooking everything!

Happy Pink Saturday, and thanks so much for visiting.

JJ said...

And a happy PS to you and thanks for visiting.Yes, they are "my" bunnies.

JJ said...

And a happy PS to you and thanks for visiting.Yes, they are "my" bunnies.

The Artful Diva said...

I love the welcome a planter filled with flowers adds to your front door! Happy PS.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Oh what treasures you have. Lovely!!!

Dee

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Holly Sweetie...
What a gorgeous share this morning. I so love stopping by to see what you have to share.

What beautiful flowers before we enter. Mine have pretty much all gone to sleep from the heat here in the desert. Nope, no blooms in sight here. Yours are just so inviting.

Love the beautiful wreath. How vibrant the flowers are still. So pretty.

That hem is gorgeous. So detailed. Love it. Wonderful memories aren't they? Thank you for sharing this morning. Have a gorgeous weekend.
Many hugs and much love sweetie, Sherry

Barb said...

Holly, such a beautiful memory to keep. Lovely post!

Happy Pink Saturday.

Barb

Rose Garden Malevik said...

Such a treasure :)
and do not miss


S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

WELCOME :)
Håkan ( The Roseman)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Holly,
So nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. You surely have a treasure to keepsake and thank you for sharing the beauty.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs from Texas, Celestina Marie

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! I love the wreaths! I remember when it was the style to wear them for any special occasion! I hope you can get a picture of whomever caught the garter!
Happy Pink Saturday!

xoxo
Judy

Unknown said...

I wanna see the garter! :) I bet it is beautiful. :) Your flowers are so lovely.... we are just weeding and weeding and weeding. It is so hot here that it is really a struggle to keep anything alive.

Thank you so much for your kind comments! I hope you have a lovely week.
~Liz

Anonymous said...

Great ideas for "something old". Happy belated pink Saturday Holly. :)

Apple of His Eye said...

Hi Holly,
Congratulations on the wedding of your daughter. She is beautiful! I wanted to answer your question but I couldn't find a way to.
So, I'm doing it here.
The pink book in my pics is not a bible cover, but a journal I picked up while on vacation. That would be so cool if it was though..all the girls would want it!

Hugs,
LaDonna

Terry said...

Beautiful wedding memories! Love the flowers! Such a wonderful share! Happy Monday!

Search This Blog