A Thousand Gifts and counting

As I write this, I think of how much that I take for granted.  I have SO much to be thankful for!
Living in a country that is free
Eyes to see and marvel at the beauty around me
Ears to hear
symphonies
children's laughter
ground beef that is on sale for $1.69 a pound - I just separated and froze 15 pounds
a daughter that says she loves her fiancé so much it makes her cry
my sister
my brother
ballet
grosgrain ribbon
velvet
stripes
shabby chic
French country
Teddy bears
 Dolls
Friends who help me re-tile a bathroom
Friends who call to see how I’m doing
Neighbors who give me tomato plants
Friends who help me garden
Being trustworthy enough that some choose to share with me their pain
Prayer

Strawberry rhubarb pie
Homemade bread
My Dyson vacuum
Clean floors
Being a night owl
Having the summer “off”
A car that runs
Going to buy plants only to find that they are half off or less
A new hard drive
Buying a printer at a yard sale for $5 that is also a scanner, fax, and copier Yes!
Friends who go to yard sales with me
Friends who surround and support my daughter as she begins a new chapter in her life by saying “I do” in two weeks
Having a policeman for a neighbor and his awesome family
The ability to think
Hope
My collection of foxes
thrift stores
I am linking with 

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You have a collection of foxes? I have never known anyone that collects foxes before. Every morning (well, not EVERY morning-but MOST mornings) when I go into the very early shift (4:00 am) and I am traveling from my house down along the lake I see a fox come out and go across the road - always within about a one block area. That must be his/her(?) path! xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Wonder thanks list Holly. Isn't this the best therapy ever!!? My 1000 gift list is always about a week behind on my blog- Jonathan was here last weekend. I guess I should get caught up but this way if I goof off and forget to list I have some in reserve- is that cheating?

bee blessed
mary

Bethe77 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethe77 said...

Holly, You just give me so much more to think about in my thankful and gratefulness that I have for each day that is given to me as a sweet gift from above.
Thank you for sharing and reminding me of all that I have and so much more.
Such wonder and beauty of gifts that we each are given.
I think I need to find this book that you all are doing and join in I see that otehr bloggers have this 1000 list as well.
What a wonderful blessing each one is and all that each oen comes up with is truly amamzing
Have a wonderful 4th of July
Blessings

DoanLegacy said...

I agree, we have many blessings in life if we just slow down and count them..

Daniella said...

Lovely post!! We are all guilty of taking things for granted. It is nice to be reminded of that!!
xxDaniella

Debbiedoos said...

Nice to meet you Holly. When I get a moments time I will come back and glimpse around here. Thanks for your sweet comment.

Search This Blog