How many times does the world teach us? You know. It's those moments in time that teach us a lesson or speak to our hearts or make us question, "Hmmm, am I supposed to be learning something from this?" Sometimes I hear people say that God talks to them in "threes". If they experience or see something three times then they know that is from God. For others, they have something weighing on their hearts and they have silently cried out to God for an answer when all of a sudden there it is captured in a moment in time. For me, it could be some of those, but so many times I see lessons all around me. Our world can speak to us in ways that we may not have considered before. Or, perhaps we needed a new perspective.
You might know that I love my dogs. I think dogs are awesome. They make me smile. My dogs often have lessons to teach me. Today they are my example of the world as text. When we have been gone for a period of time and return home, our two springer spaniels greet us at the door, tail wagging, noses poking our hands to say "pet me" (language for I'm so glad you are back). They love to go outside and bark at whoever walks or drives by. They get excited at the smallest things. But, I realized one day that they aren't really much different than I am. Just like me, they live in their own world which, for them, includes our home, the backyard, two mile walks, and an occasional trip in the car. All of this brings great joy to them. I think about how special they make me feel because I am a part of their world. I am one one of the most important people in their lives. They want me to know that and they want me to reciprocate that love back to them. Isn't that a lot like us? We can't touch the whole world, but each of us is given a space in the world to live in. In that expanse of space are many people we come in contact with. They are part of our world and we are part of ours.
Do I embrace the space in which I live?
Am I showing the people in my world how important they are to me?
How about you? What have you been learning from your world?
Seeing the world with you. . .

7 comments:
What a lovely post to take to heart! Thanks for the day brightening thoughts.
I love listening to the Lord through Creation. You've coined a great phrase to describe this: The World as Text! Marvelous! And, don't our animals just know stuff! Prayer to me is more about LISTENING! God has so much more to say to me than I have to say to Him. Just like in school - my students learn nothing from me if they are talking in class instead of LISTENING to my lessons. Thanks for a good "text' to meditate on today!
Joy!
Miss Kathy
Thank you for the visit and your sweet comments....
Great point you have made today....How do we treat the people in our world? I am afraid that some days not as well as I should...so thank you for giving me this reminder as our family will be together for the next week and I will have plenty of opportunities to remember your words......
Hugs and blessings
Hi Holly,
I love your sweet dogs--and guess what? My little Jamie is on my post today too!! I'm so busy, I don't know if I'm doing enough "listening." I TRY!!
XO
Cindy
Sweet thoughts to live by. Our dogs are part of our daily life. Its good that you have two my little Abby gets lonesome I think. Trish
What precious little doggies Holly!! I think all the little circumstances of everyday life are life lessons in some little or big way if we can just take the time to hear and ponder. Not good at either hearing or pondering but Jesus has spoken so many times despite it- like this week seeing another butterfly- hearing that I am much like that fluttery dancing creature- too antsy to stop flight and simply enjoy----He is so patient!
bee blessed
mary
Holly I love this post!! I learn lessons from my dogs all the time!! I try to be the person my dog thinks I am every day! LOL!!! I have a Welsh Springer named Rocky (and a pembroke corgi named Jasmine) Your fur babies are adorable. I'm glad they are able to remind you about the important things.
xo,Karen
Post a Comment