It was awesome
Last week we took our 5th and 6th graders to a much needed kindness retreat sponsored by Youth Frontiers. This is the 4th year we have done it and it was, once again, awesome!!! It's about this time of year that kids become more unkinder to each other. Well, I am pleased to announce that the outcome has been awesome!! It never ceases to amaze me that the students that you think will never stand up and say, "I'm committed to this" are the ones who do. We had kids crying and apologizing and one parent even told me that their daughter was receiving texts during the weekend that said "I'm sorry I have been so mean to you." But, that isn't even the best part! We have one student who is developmentally delayed and unfortunately there are a lot of students who aren't nice to him. Well, today, I saw him put his arm around another young man (you know, one of those that I thought would never change) and pat him on the shoulder and this guy let him. Not only did he let him, but he was even nice about it. How awesome was that?! There really is a lot of good in the world. Isn't it nice when people touch our lives through their random acts of kindness? It really was awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This story gave me goosebumps. Love a happy ending. God is good!
Leann
Post a Comment