Whose Your Mama

Happy Post Mother's Day!  I hope you had a wonderful day.  I sure did.   My beautiful daughter and future son-in-law got me a MOM bead to add to my Pandora bracelet.  My son who currently lives in Montana called and I got to hear his voice and catch up and I was able to Skype with my son and his wife in Lake Placid.  It was a great day!  So, my son (from Lake Placid) tells me that he has recently taken up the game of bridge.  He said that a lady where he works has been teaching people and this summer he will be playing with the "old ladies" from the retirement center.  I laughed because when I grew up my mother and her friends played bridge on Friday and they were the age I am now.  I used to love the month bridge was at our house because the ladies were dressed up, smelled good, and loved to hear what was new in my life.  And, because my mom loved to be a hostess, she always had incredible food and snacks.   I told my son that he was now going to get to eat great snacks when he plays bridge....don't they call peanut clusters the "bridge mix."  My mom always mixed peanuts and red hot candies together.  You should try that - salty and sweet together.  Well, I'm telling you, those "old ladies" are going to eat my son up!  They will love him.  He is funny and personable.  However, I am a little concerned because he tends to be a wee bit competitive.  When he was in middle school he was in a chess class and the teacher wanted him to show the class one of his chess moves.  He said, "Yeah, but can I win first?"  I guess it sort of runs in the family.  I don't like to lose much either.  That's why I only play games I understand and bridge isn't one of them.  To all of you wonderful and smart people who play bridge, I "pass".

4 comments:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Love your blog and card! Yes! Please blog about the laundry detergent!!! I am thrilled you made it! Let me know when you post and I'll come by to see!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Anonymous said...

Your son will have a lot of fun with the ladies and playing bridge. I once played piano for sing alongs at a retirement home and was popular among the older men! One fellow would bring his guitar and play along!
You have made me hungry for bridge mix now!!!!

DoanLegacy said...

That's wonderful! Happy belated Mother's Day..

Diann said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day!

Search This Blog