This is a picture of the pond in their backyard that she and her husband put together. It is full of lily pads and large gold fish and the sound of the water is mesmerizing.
Here is a picture of some of her fruits that she has produced.
Elizabeth and her husband rescue Dachsunds. Meet Gracie. I love Gracie. (I love you too, Iris and Spigot).
In the foyer you are greeted with a wall of crosses.
A peek inside.
Elizabeth and her husband rescue Dachsunds. Meet Gracie. I love Gracie. (I love you too, Iris and Spigot).
Elizabeth in her HOT PINK top - her color of hope.
Woman of Hope
What gives you the most hope? Knowing Jesus has my best interests and well-being at heart gives me such hope. I know that if I stop and listen I am more likely to follow his plan for me and less likely to go too far astray. Tell us about yourself. I am a 50 year old wife and mother of two. I became a Christian late in life, but I was being groomed for a long time. My husband and I have been married for 22 years and we have a daughter who is finishing her first year in college and a son who is about to be a senior in high school. They are what I am most proud of and who I am most inspired by. Family and home are what really bring me joy. As far as my work life I have had a wide variety of jobs over the years. When I was in college I worked for two summers on the highway as a flag-girl, later I was a buyer of skiwear for a sporting goods company. I owned and operated a landscaping company for 22 years and a few years ago I decided to use my brain more and my body less so I went to Denver Seminary and got my Masters in Counseling. I have always loved people and my heart always goes out to those who are struggling. I believe that God called me to make this change in my life and I am now building my practice and loving the time I have to slow down and be more in tune with Him.
What do you consider your gifts? I believe that my gifts are compassion, mercy, and encouragement.
I have enjoyed many of your creative gifts. What is your favorite way to be creative? I have lots of ways that I enjoy being creative. I love, love, love, working on my house. My dad had a hardware store and I worked there for several years when I was a teenager. I learned to love all of the tools and gadgets and things that made things work. (Last week I was able to fix my washing machine AND my toilet and I felt like I had just painted a masterpiece!) My husband and I have worked on nearly every room of our home, sometimes going down to the studs and starting over. It is so fun to put it all back together and turn our house into a home. When I'm not revving up my table saw, I love to garden only now we do it for ourselves instead of for a living. There's a lot less pressure, that's for sure. When I got my bachelor's degree in Fine Arts I had the opportunity to draw and paint and sculpt. I really want to do more of that but currently if I feel like being quiet and creative, I pick up the knitting needles and make a little something, but I am far from being an accomplished knitter. I've got a long way to go there! Lastly, I love it when I can feel the creative juices flowing when I am sitting with a client, of course, that's really just the Holy Spirit giving me a new idea and that is just too cool!
What do you do to relax? I watch far too much TV (home and gardening shows, and movies mostly) and I read. Just finished Rob Bell's new book, Love Wins. Loved it!! Almost anything on the creative gifts list is relaxing to me too...even if it requires a lot of sweat and work, it is still relaxing to me, probably because it is so rewarding at the same time.
What is your favorite saying or verse? "Be still and know that I am God." Ps. 46:10 It is short, but it reminds me to slow down, stop, listen and know that God is with me and if He created the universe, He can handle my problem, whatever it may be. It just tells me to pause to reconnect to Him.
What color is hope for you? I love hot pink. It is bold and it reminds me of my favorite peonies that come up in spring, and spring always reminds me of hope.
What is hope to you? Hope is often defined as wishful thinking or a sense of optimism, I think it can definitely be those things, but it becomes so much more when you allow Jesus into the equation. His amazing love for all of us just assures me that everything, ultimately is going to be alright. Being secure in Him, allows me to be very hopeful.
Anything else you would like to add? One of the most important things that I have learned or come to understand is that God is so much bigger than we can fathom and he sees the big picture. When I stop thinking small and step back and get a different perspective of things I can face the harder things in my life. I also need to remember that my story and the story of those around me is not yet finished. There is more I can do and there is more that God definitely intends to do.



17 comments:
What a lovely lady Elizabeth is and I really enjoyed your sweet post about her.
Elizabeth is a special person and you are lucky to know her. What a beautiful post this week. Happy Pink Saturday, Char
Hi Holly!
Elizabeth is such a special person~what a wonderful friend you have and her story is so powerful. I love this post! Happy Pink Saturday!
XO
Cindy
:-)
Happy Pink Saturday.
Hi Holly,
Elizabeth sounds like a lovely lady. A beautiful post for Pink Saturday. Thanks for your visit and have a lovely weeknd.
Blessings,
Sandi
Elizabeth is a terrific lady! She has a beautiful friend in you ... lovely share.
Happy beautiful PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon
Thank you for sharing your most personal feelings. Its wonderful to hear such uplifting stories.
Happy Pink Saturday to you and hope your weekend is great. Thanks for the visit...........
~Emily
The French Hutch
Happy Pinks Day Holly Sweetie...
Oh my goodness gracious, what a beautiful woman, Ms Elizabeth is. I cannot thank you enough for blessing me with her story today. So beautiful and powerful. Does she have a blog? If not, you should encourage her to start one sweetie.
How lucky I feel to have been blessed by your share today. Thank you sweetie. I love stopping by 2911 Jeremiah Avenue. I know it is always going to be a blessing to my heart.
Have a glorious weekend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry
A most interesting and different post. I truly enjoyed Elizabeth's story.
Thank you so much for introducing Elizabeth to us. She is a woman of character and faith. It is so encouraging to meet other women of faith and hope. Our hope is grounded in truth! Hugs, Terri
Hi Holly,
I'm so glad that the little matchbox arrived! lol
Your post makes me realize how much I have to be thankful/grateful for - thank you!
A beautiful post! My color of hope is the Regal Purple of Jesus.
Pink Saturdays put hope back into my life. Through Bev I have made so many friends. My God given gift is writing poetry. I praise God and thank Him daily for all thet He has done for me.
Would love to get to know you and Elizabeth better.
Stop by for a blessing of poetry.
Valrie
What a wonderful interview!! Elizabeth sounds lovely!! I have a dachshund too!! Gracie is so cute!!
xxDaniella
What an inspirational post for Pink Saturday. Thank you - there's lot to think about here.
Have a great Pink SAturday and a wonderful weekend.
And what kind of name for a dog is Spigot??? too cute!
Nice post...HPS!
Thank you for featuring this beautiful lady. It was neat getting to know her. What a great idea for a post!
HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah
Post a Comment