I was just like a kid in a candy shop today only I was at the library. Last week I went to check out a couple of books and the lady (very nice and helpful by the way) told me that we could check out 50 books at once if we wanted to. Big mistake telling me that. So, I decided to make a list from my Amazon Wishlist (which is now over 9 pages) of books to get on inter library loan. Well, the library called me today to say that some of the books were in. Woohoo!! It was a great day!!
I love libraries! My grandmother lived on Main St and right across from her was the old library. I can remember crossing the street to go and see what wonderful new adventures I might find. I loved reading then and I love it now. I can remember walking across the wooden floor trying to keep it from "creeking" because we were supposed to be quiet in the library. The librarian would give me a look...and then wink at me. Sometimes I would check the books out but often I would stay and read while I was there. Nancy Drew were some of my favorite books. It looks like I am going to be busy. I'll let you know how it goes. For now, I leave you with this quote:
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. ~Charles W. Eliot

1 comment:
Hi Holly, What a great post that brings back fond memories for me. I loved walking to the library in my hometown when I was little. I always loved mysteries, even as a kid! Have fun and enjoy.
Post a Comment