People ask me what my favorite job has been (or I tell them), and I say "being a mom!" I really do feel that way! Today I was in a first grade classroom giving a counseling lesson and this little boy asked me if I was a mom (he gets points right there) and I said excitedly, "Yes!" He said, "Well, Happy Mother's Day then!" He then proceeded to hug me followed by the other children in the classroom. Needless to say, it made my day!
Well, I was trying to think about what else I could post for this special weekend, I thought showing you something from my grandmothers would be fitting since they both loved pink. I am certain that it runs in the family!

This necklace was Mimi's. I wish that I knew the history of this jewelry. It is one of my favorite pieces. I know that it is some type of enamel work. It was probably bought in the 1920's or so. I can remember going over to my grandmother's house and opening up her top dresser drawer that was full of jewelry (that must also run in the family) and I would pull out her jewelry box, wind it up and watch the ballerina dance up and down. I love those memories.

My other grandmother, Grammy, loved pink the best. She taught me to love crafts and everything pink. She loved to paint her nails. I always loved her dishwasher because the inside of it was pink. Her bathroom was pink including the toilet, bathtub, sink and tile. Nestled in one of the shelves of her bathroom was this Dresden ballerina. I always loved this ballerina. Every time I would go over there to spend the night she would run the bath water and put in those special bath beads that squeezed out "that stuff that smells good" and then dry me off with one of her special pink towels. I would sit at her pink vanity chair and ask if I could get down the ballerina. Of course, she always let me. Thank goodness for grandmothers! Thank goodness for mothers, aunts, and women who were like a mom to us.
Happy Mom's Day everyone!
Mom hugs!!
18 comments:
HPS and most importantly Happy Mother's Day! What wonderful role models and great grandmothers you had! I love that little pink ballerina. How fun living your childhood with a special pinkie, your Grammy! Love and Blessings to you today and always Anne
Hi Sweetie,
I too can remember going through my grand mothers and my moms things. I just had so much fun playing and admiring all the lovely gems. I had no idea what was real or costume and like today, it didn't matter. Oh the good old days of being little again.
I hope you have a lovely Pink Saturday. I think your necklace is beautiful and comes with so many wonderful memories.
Have a Happy Mother's Day, Char
Happy Mother's Day!
Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo
Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Mother's Day, Holly! I love these special treasures and the story of the little boy is beyond precious!!!
Wishing you a beautiful weekend, my friend. And yes, if you're in New Orleans, you've got to stop in!
XO
Cindy
It was always a treat to get to hold and play with my grandmothers and aunts treasures. I love dressing up in the jewelry and their hats and gloves and they were so sweet to indulge me!
Your necklace is stunning! Love the little ballerina, too!
Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Mothers Day,\!
Jil
Hi Holly, It is so nice to meet you through Pink Saturday. What sweet memories you have. Reading your childhood memories and seeing these vintage mementos is just grand. Have a lovely weekend.
LOLing and the pink inside the dishwasher - it might make it worth doing dishes... sometimes. The ballerina is precious but all the more with the story.
Thank you for a nice pink show and sweet memories.
What lovely pinks! What an even lovelier little boy! Happy Mother's Day and Happy PS!
Hugs,
jacalyn
Your Grammy sounds just like my Grammy Annabelle! The bathroom, the bath beads that squirt stuff...what great memories!!
HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah
That was just the sweetest post.....packed with loving memories of your grandmothers!!
I wish you a wonderful Mother's Day (I, too, have always loved being a mom...and now a grandmom) and a fun filled Pink Saturday! dana
Happy Pink Saturday Holly Sweetie...
Oh what a gorgeous share today and I so loved that you shared your precious memories of past. I love the necklace and the ballerina. Isn't is something that we can remember the details of those moments as a child? It is like pulling a memory from the shelf and reliving those moments over and over. I love it.
Have a glorious Mother's Day sweetie. Many hugs and so much love, Sherry
Happy Mom's Day and Pink Saturday!
Enjoy your weekend.
Regina
What a lovely reminiscence of your Grammy! So nice having a bit of pink every Saturday. I hope your Mother's Day is special too!
Happy Mother's Day! What a sweet pink post about your grandmother and her special treasures. I have such cherished memories of mine, too.
Happy Pink Day! :) Lovely post! DE
Happy mothers day! Sweet post....grandma's are fabulous :) thanks for visiting FFL!
Lina
Happy Pink Saturday!
Happy Mother's Day!
Big Hugs
Charo
Post a Comment