Hello Great Pumpkin


 Welcome Great Pumpkin
It's almost fall!!  That means Indian summers, turning the air conditioner off, saying good-bye to 3 digit temperatures, sweaters, cool mornings, pumpkin trifle, shorter days, apple cider, fires in the fireplace, the smell of a fire burning, leaves changing colors to yellows, orange, brilliant reds, and burgundy...what is your favorite thing about this season?

Blessings,

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Ooh, yes! All of those wonderful things! Plus hot chocolate with a dollop of whipped cream on top, the crunch of the leaves under our feet when we go for a walk, evening fires with roasted marshmallows...Fall is FABULOUS!! Have a happy weekend! :o)

Susie said...

Holly, It's time for cappachinos and a warm blanket.Smiles, Susie

Love Of Quilts said...

All of those are nice. I like the colors of the trees best.

Pamelyn said...

I'm in the deep south so we're still using the A/C a bit, but early morning coffee on the porch is nice.

BG said...

My favourite thing? Knowing that while you become chilly, I become warmer!! Roll on sunshine downunder I say ... not long now till Christmas. :) Hope you are having a happy weekend Holly.
Hugs,
Sandi

Anne said...

All of the above, Holly! (Love the Great Pumpkin!) I'm a two-minutes-before-Halloween baby, so I've always been partial to this time of year...like Pamelyn, we won't be turning the air completely off any time soon, though (sometimes it has to come on temporarily in December!)
Hugs,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Just the difference in the air - the one that let's you know it is fall. Being in Central Texas - A/C runs off and on all year. I love it when I can open the windows fall/spring. I love sound of the wind (which is usually quite blustery here anyway - it just sounds and feels different in the fall). The sound of leaves crunching when I walk on them. Lots to love about the season. Lots to be thankful about. Thanks.

Search This Blog