Dear Helen Hartman
I had to write to you because I’m feeling, well…I’m
feeling just a bit traumatized. I was at
an “event” tonight and recognized someone from their facebook picture and thought I’d
go up and say hello. I mean, after 30
years, it’s the right thing to do, right?!
Apparently, my facebook picture did not jog any memory in her. Could it be that my picture of 3 years ago is
outdated? Could it?! Could it also be that some parts of my body
have gone south where others have gone east AND west?!
Is it also possible that while I have grown with this idea
that others have not and are perhaps caught a wee bit off guard?! Why is it that when we haven’t seen someone
for awhile that as they are saying, “it’s nice to see you” that they are also
looking you up and down and taking copious mental notes on “seeing you.” Yes, Helen, I am a little bit cranky about
the whole thing. I would love YOUR
response as I am in need of a little humor about now. 

Looking forward to your reply…
Blessings,

4 comments:
Holly, I will have to check that site out. That's why I go to Nana Diana's site 1st..She can always make me laugh. When I worked I remembered so many people. Once I retired and was out for about 3 years..I could remember faces but not names so much. I still like to say hello to the faces I remember.Smiles, Susie
P.s. glad your daughter will be near.
I am Sooooo taking this on, Holly! In the middle of a 2 parter on mommyhood this week but next... because, frankly what is this world coming to? I mean, if a person can't even think quickly enough to recall a friend... or come up with a big ol' fake smile to pretend you do? Manners, people. Centuries of lying to the faces of others to grease the wheels of social convention cannot fall to the wayside! Putting our own impulse ahead of others (especially when those others are YOU and I!!!) will not stand. Not on Helen's watch. Thanks for the kind words!
Holly- I do not know Helen but I am headed over there right now. Thanks!- I think? xo Diana
Good morning, Holly!
You've shared such lovely photos again! Thank you!
I read Helen's comment above, and you just know that I'm off to see her blog as soon as I'm finished here! I do love to laugh, so I appreciate the share!
Have a beautiful day!...Nancy :o)
Post a Comment