To ease another's heartache, is to forget one's own. Abraham Lincoln

Isn't this so true?!  I can remember years ago when I was experiencing my own heartache and wondering if life would ever be okay.  Then I knew of someone that was going through cancer treatments and needed someone to drive them back and forth and I thought that it would be a good thing to do so that I could take my mind off of my own pain.  Little did I know how huge that was - she thought I was blessing her when in reality, she was blessing me - it was the beginning of knowing that things would be okay.  How about you?  What have you done or has someone done to help you out?
Blessings,

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Good morning, Holly!
That is so true! Thank you very much!
Have a beautiful day, my friend!...Nancy :o)

Cindy Adkins said...

So many people have reached out and helped me at different times in my life--when I least expected it. Each one was a blessing--and probably never knew it. I love your story and it really makes me think that no matter what we're going through, in the midst of it, there is someone else who needs us...Those people are blessings to us, too, just like your friend that needed the ride. I saw something by Ram Dass the other day and it was his quote that said, "We're all just walking each other home." I had to stop and look at it and was so overwhelmed. That truly is what we're all doing, isn't it?
xo
Cindy

Search This Blog