I cannot believe that it is time for Pink Saturday already! Baby, where did the week go?
Last week I was counting the weeks until my daughters wedding and now we are at six weeks out. Can you say stressed? We've had a busy week. I thought that I would show you some of what we've been up to this week as well as a few other pictures that I am throwing in. Today's post is somewhat a reflection of me - a little scattered and a little pink (well, maybe a lot pink...for that matter, maybe a lot scattered).
I was almost out of dish soap this week so I went to our mall (Wal Mart) to get some soap and imagine my delight when I saw that there was PINK dish soap! Do you ever buy anything because of the color or am I the only one here? (Tell me I'm not alone).
Although I don't make it a point of collecting cookbooks, it might appear that way because I have a "few" (the only problem is they don't cook for me). Anyway, I had to have this one because it was....you guessed it...PINK!
Now to show you one of the wedding details we were working on this week. Thank goodness for friends. One of my friends offered to make our invitations and then we had an "invitation party"! I had some friends over and we hole punched, ribbon tied, stamped, and layered and addressed the invitations. They will be going out today.
I didn't know that the post office had wedding stamps. We chose this wedding cake stamp. Isn't it pretty?
Well, lovely PINK ladies, I have more wedding details to work on. But, before I go, I think that I am going to quiet myself and reflect on all the blessings I have been surrounded with - including you!
I am linking up with Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
and
http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
and
http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com
As Paula Deen would say, Happy Pink Saturday, y'all!





38 comments:
Well hopefully things will slow down for you and you can catch a breath or two!
mmmm yes I have bought just for color. It just calls to me, sigh.
Happy pink Saturday !
(())
Oh my dear Holly, I have a house full of things simply because they are pink! But of course this is not my fault. It's that dreadful alter ego Miss Dede. She doesn't just collect dolls, it's everything!! You do believe me, don't you? Oh well, I hope daughter's wedding will have at least a kiss of pink for Mommy.
HPS
LL
ps: I am your new follower. I want to keep track of your pink habit so I can show my husband I'm not the only one. You won't mind me using you, will you?
Hope & hugs to you and yours
LL
Happpy Pink Saturday just because it's pink!
We are all guilty, I'm afraid. Pink, just because. Catch your breath & have a Happy Pink Saturday!
I know things are stressed right now, but be sure to have fun too.
Love the stamps, those are over the top eye candy. The post office did something right didn't they?
Happy Pink Saturday to you, and yes, pink catches my eye too, Char
Thank you for sharing today..pink is the best!
Happy Pink Saturday..xo Tami
I just got your message on my blog about linking up, I was unable to reply to your comment directly... but, you're in luck, my link party is today (every Friday). Find the link here.
http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com/2011/06/flaunt-it-friday-57-and-introducing-my.html
Thanks for joining me! :)
Happy Pink Saturday!
Those invitations look lovely!
~ Gabriela ~
Happy pink Saturday Holly, What a great post, love the baby pic, the wedding stamp is beautiful, so much going on , so little time! Love that cookbook, mine is so old it is in pieces. Umm you know what that means, of course, how much will I use it now the family is grown. Well a girl can't have too much Pink! Hugs Marilou
As you know, I LOVE pink! I've only showed a tiny bit of pink in these 4 months! I keep saying I have SO MUCH PINK! But, one never actually has enough!
And yes, I've bought a ton of things just because they are pink.
And, I swore yesterday my kids were 2 & 4, but I woke up today and they are 12 & 14!
LOVE those invitations!! Really incredible, very sophisticated!! Enjoy!!
HPS!
xxDaniella
Wow you are Miss Busy Bee! I think all females love the color pink, although (just my opinion) LOL. How can you not...it's not our fault...after all we are girls, aren't we? I am now your new follower, won't you come over and follow us too? We'd love to have you! Hugs! Loretta
How exciting for you with this upcoming wedding! That's wonderful! I can relate to buying things just for their color, too.
Thanks for your sweet visit,
Happy PS!
- Susan
I do not have much pink in the house or in cloths. I need to wear it more to brighten me up. I do enjoy seeing what others have tho.
Oh wow, Holly, what gorgeous invitations!!! And I love the stamp too! (My wedding cake looked very similar to the one on the stamp.) I hope that things will slow down enough for you to enjoy all of this--it is SO wonderful!!! Many congratulations, my friend. And Happy Pink Saturday!!!
XO
Cindy
I think those are great finds! Always good to have pink in special places, the kitchen is TO a special place! (I cook a lot.)
Happy Pink Saturday!
Well you taught me a few things! Pink dish soap?!? I had no idea. Love those cake stamps. Beautiful. With all the love & attention going into the wedding, I bet it will be quite wonderful. Happy PS!
Wags, Niki
Holly hope you enjoy the moments in between the wedding date. So many times I am just trying to get through one thing in order to get to the next thing and end up not enjoying the process. Will pray you will live in the present moment the next few weeks!!
Love your pink dish soap!!
bee blessed
mary
Oh yeah, me too - I buy things all the time just because they are pink! I so relieved to hear that others do it as well. Great post!
Hugs to you,
Annette
I would buy the pink soap...I use that brand anyways...haven't needed any so I've not seen it yet...cute baby photo I'm guessing it olden. Trish
I'm amazed that you can find to time to blog now that wedding is so near - good job!
You bet I buy because of pink, Holly. Just this morn at a yard sale ...
You must be having a ball getting ready for the wedding. Love the stamps ...
Have a beautiful PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon
Oh what fun to be planning a wedding! The stamps are so cute and I do pick dish soap based on color to match my kitchen so you are definitely not alone. Good luck on the preps!..Christine
I have a house full of things simply because they are pink and so cute!
LOVELY PINK POST
XOXO
Lovely stamp and I'll bet the wedding is going to be wonderful. How exciting! Thank you for stopping by. HPS!
Hi Holly,
First of all...thank you so much for stopping by, for you kind comment and for becoming a follower...Yay! I'm so happy you liked my blog. Anyways, I was just reading your profile and you and I have a lot...I mean a lot in common...Not a Trekky anymore, though :-) But I love, love, love pink and green, acutally any huge of pink/red and green. I love and create dolls too. Big thrift junkie. LOVE Christmas...a Believer and the list goes on :-) Thank you again for stopping by and I look forward to getting to know eachother. Gotta love Blogland. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs and Blessings,
♥Ana
Happy Pink Saturday!!
Oh what a beautiful post you created for all of us to read and view.
Wishes
Lynne
Ooooh, weddings are so much fun, aren't they? Thanks for taking the time out to make this lovely pink post! Happy Pink Saturday!
Holly, that is so cute ... I got the most darling teacup/saucer with roses on it. It is no doubt 'jun-K or is it jun-que". They are attached to one another. She wanted a $1 I offered 50 cents, & I got it. Can use it for flowers or to throw MY jun-k into ... cute!
TY for visiting ... I love popping by to chat with you.
Hugs, Marydon
Beautiful invitations....such an exciting for you , I know.Hope you are finding some time for a little bit of rest and relaxation. Just 6 weeks to go. Take care and have a happy PS.
You are not alone... many of us buy things purely for their color... and pink dish soap no less! How delightful! Your wedding invites look lovely (although no pink in sight there lol). :)
p.s. many thanks for visiting me!
Happy Pink Saturday Holly. The invitations are very classy and beautiful. As our wedding party draws closer I will be counting on a few close friends too for help. Can't wait to see more of the happenings of the wedding. :)
Hello Holly and a very late happy Pink Saturday!
I could not get on my own blog and have been to the moon and back figuring how to end all the "cookie" problems associated with Blogger for my own blog. I hope I have it figured as I had to load Google Chrome and come in through that...Sigh!
I hope you will be able to relax for a bit...everything looks so pink and pretty...love the invitations!
Hugs,
Jil
I'm always searching for pink items-I scan the aisles at stores to find items-that's why my camper's filled to the top with pink stuff. Thanks for sharing and have a great week!
Me, again....
Thank you for your help. I will try coming in on Firefox....
xo
Jil
How exciting to be on the final countdown now!! Once the invitations go out, things really start up and it seems sooo much more real. All the parties, all the gifts, all the thank you notes, dress fittings, etc! I'm excited for you!~! I'm sure you'll be able to offer some great tips at the Wedding Blog party on Friday!!!! See you there!
Happy PS Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents
How exciting...planning for your girl's wedding!!! The invites are wonderful.
I haven't seen the PINK dish soap, but I will look for it now that you gave us the heads up!!! I have seen the BC Cookbook. I have one given to us when we got married 43 years ago..I do us it and it is officially "vintage" now! :)
Hope you had a great Pink Saturday!!! dana
I know you're a busy lady if you're only 6 weeks out from a wedding! Love all your pinks. Really love that wedding cake stamp! Never have seen that one. Good luck with all your plans and don't forget to take care of yourself in the process!
Happy Belated Pink Saturday!
Post a Comment