Bride and Bridesmaid Flip Flops
Supplies: inexpensive flip flops (I got these at Hobby Lobby)
glue (grip glue or jewel glue) - the key is to let it set overnight.
diamond wrap (I purchased this width on eBay, but originally saw it on koyalwholesale.com. They have some great ideas for it - very creative and very blingy! (Two of my favorite words).
1. Prep your flip flops (just kidding, but didn't know what else to say here). I know - here is the BEFORE picture.
2. Get out the role of diamond wrap. Measure how long you want your strips to be.
3. Next, put glue on the back of the diamond wrap and adhere to the straps of the flip flops. (Make sure that you use a glue that dries clear). Because I was doing several at once, I decided to use clothespins to help hold them on for the initial part of the drying. (Next time I'll try to have sparkly clothespins - for the wow effect). Don't leave the clothespins on throughout the drying process because they might end up being glued on and that would be a bummer! I let these dry overnight and the next day they looked good. 4. i just put this picture in because I liked it.
5. The AFTER picture. Didn't they come out cute?
6. For a finishing touch and to personalize it, I put the name of each bridesmaid on the sole. Use a metallic pen. If it were my wedding (and it's not) I'd use a gold or pink metallic pen. But since my daughter (who equally has good taste) likes silver, I wrote their names in silver metallic.
7. And, for the bride...
Need some ideas for bridesmaid gifts? For that matter, do you need gifts for Christmas or birthdays? Okay, I am going to let you in on a secret. If you don't live in Texas, this is a pretty good secret. There is THE MOST FABULOUS STORE in Texas. It is called Sam Moon. You have never seen so much jewelry, purses, luggage, accessories and gift items EVER! The prices are great! It's a way to get something beautiful for someone you care about and be budget conscious. My daughter picked these out for her bridesmaids. She will wear the silver and pearl necklace on the left and her bridesmaids will wear the rhinestone necklace on the right. Go check out the website. It is sammoon.com.
Now, for the rest of the story....
Can I just say that God is so good! I have been a little stressed these past few weeks trying to figure out how to make everything come together plus the fact we are on a limited budget. Well, let me tell you what happened.
We knew that Jody (aunt of our future son-in-law) was going to do the flowers. We had seen pictures and heard about her creations and were eagerly anticipating talking to her. We met with her but in addition, Jody brought down her beautiful daughter-in-laws - one of which is a wedding planner. This beautiful young woman (Chelsea) asked us what our budget was, what we wanted and that she and Jody would take care of it all. She said that was their gift to the bride and groom. She told me that often people don't know what they can/can't do and that is where she could help. (That right there took off a lot of stress). Not only did she work with the reception site and caterer, but she said that she already has the decor in the colors of my daughter's wedding. Chelsea told us that she wanted to give us the "surprise effect" and that we could not see it until that day. (I get a sneak peek right before the wedding). The wedding colors are going to be black and white with touches of red. I'm pretty sure that she also mentioned that she would add some bling to it as well. (There's that word again that I love). I cannot WAIT to see the wedding and reception site. I know that it is going to be so stunning. I can't wait to show you pictures. But, in the meantime, Chelsea was gracious enough to allow me to share some pictures from her website. I hope you enjoy!
Chelsea from Simply Sophisticated. You can also find her on facebook.
Some black and white decor
A black and white cake. . . isn't this fun?
love this picture
This table arrangement is so beautiful. Look at those chair covers!
A close up of the chair covers.
I thought this was such a beautiful picture of these bridesmaids walking down nature's aisle. How gorgeous!
Gerber daisies and roses. The vases are enveloped in the diamond wrap.

Isn't this picture sweet?
And so the story begins....Today I am linking up with Stephanie at Angelic Accents for the 2nd annual wedding blog party
and
Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Please stop by both places and see the other wonderful blogs that share in these special events.


















32 comments:
Oh wow, Holly, I love those flip flops and I adore how your daughter's say Here Comes the Bride!!! So clever! Her wedding is going to be spectacular--and I love the color combination--it will be so striking!!! I can't wait to see the wedding pictures.
Love,
Cindy
Love those flip flops! So glad you were able to find help for the wedding. Can't wait to see the results!
You are absolutely adorable. I love what you've done with those flipflops. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter's upcoming wedding. I'm a jewelry designer, and I would love to offer her a gift of one of our lovely bridal necklaces & earrings, if she would like. Come see me, my jewelry is on pages of my blog, you'll see the link right under my header. And, you'll see my wedding post. xx's
I had flip flops just like that for my wedding party-great minds think alike! As a wedding planner myself, I wish more people were willing to get a wedding planner because it really does make things go so smooth! I can't wait to see pictures of your daughter's wedding-good luck and have fun!
~Trisha
This is my first time seeing your blog but I just can't wait to see the pictures from her wedding. How wonderful for you to be a part of it.
I'm so glad I joined up with this fun party!
Oh Holly isn't it so awesome how God gives us kisses in the form of wedding planners and aunts who will do flowers and ideas for cute flip flops!!!
I will be praying that you will just be soaking in all the love!
Looking forward to Monday!
bee blessed
mary
I'm so glad to hear that you'll be able to leave the details to your wonderful wedding planner. The Sam Moon jewelry is fabulous. I'm sure the bridesmaids will cherish their gifts. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Terri
My feet dearly love flip flops. I am sure the girls in the wedding will appreciate them and your hard work.
I am loving those flip flops! How creative! You are going to remember your daughter's special day for a lifetime..can't wait to see the pics! Hope to see you over at my blog..I share a memory of my daughter's wedding that still makes me cry! www.queenbartistry.blogspot.com
The flip flops (or thongs as we call them down under) look fabulous. We have lots of beach weddings and they are a real hit.
Good luck with the wedding and Black and White with bling would be stunning.
Oh, Holly! You are a hoot and a half! Thanks for visiting me at The Writer's Reverie and inviting me to visit you on Jeremiah Avenue (love that verse - very special to me in so many ways!) I love your bubbly posts and the cheerfulness that embodies your ramblings. How exciting for you with your wedding plans - looking forward to the pictures and your storytelling of God's blessings throughout the day. Following you, milady! Joy! Kathryn Ross
Oh, what cute flip-flops! What a great idea. Hope everything goes well for the wedding. Looking forward to pictures. Thanks for sharing. Also, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment. Do come again. Glad I found yours. Hugs, Karie
I loooove those flip flops!!! I am a flip flop freak, I live in them:) Wonderful pics:)
Such fun and exciting happenings going on here! Sounds like details are falling into place and that the wedding is going to be perfectly beautiful! I love seeing the photos and enjoying your excitement about this very special day :)
Beautiful photo's and love the flip flops :)
Clever lady! Love the flip flop look, they are so sweet. Love the weddings pics, especially the beautiful necklace. Diane
the flip flops are just THE bomb ! Exciting to hear about your daughters wedding and will be looking forward to photos of it. Now God is good allll the time and gave you just what was needed and I know will continue to do so.
Sam Moon's ! what a treasure store, I made a special trip one time when I was home for a visit. There is a similar store in Macon,GA. (())
Oh what a beautiful post!! I love the flip flops -- thanks for sharing your information there too! Congrats on your daughter getting married -- isn't it amazing how God provides!? Can't wait to see pictures of the big day!
Thanks for visiting my site and leaving your sweet comments! I had an email composed to you and then realized you're a no-reply blogger so I'll tell you here how much I love your blog title -- THAT is my favorite verse! And my son is getting married this summer. I'm doing all of the reception decorations and I also did their invitations. It's going to be a simple wedding so I can't do all of the 'bling'y' things I'd love to do but it's not my wedding so I have to be good :) Had to become a follower of a site that is titled with my favorite verse!
Love all that bling, Holly! What a gorgeous wedding this is going to be ...
TTFN ~
Marydon
Hi Holly. thanks for stopping by my wedding post and your lovely comments. Great for a new blogger like myself. Luv your bling flops! Its wonderful how the Lord works to provide for us with amazing people. I am sure that your daughter's wedding is going to be amaing. look forward to the pics.
Veronica from www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com
Holly, how considerate of you to think of the comfort of the bridesmaids. Your very clever, the flip-flops are adorable with the bling. I'm sure you'll get many thank yous before the day is over. What a great gift to you from Chelsea. Wow, so much stress just zapped! Now you can relax and enjoy every minute of the fun. Can't wait to see the photos from the wedding.
~Emily
The French Hutch
Oh my heck!! Those flip flops are heavenly!!! And how elegant, a black and white with touches of red wedding!
Chelsea sounds awesome!! I can't wait to see these pics!!
xxDaniella
Holly, you are in for the summer of your life, with the wedding and festivities..our son and DIL's wedding was so fabulous and so much fun, wish we could party like that always!
thank you for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment..stop by anytime!
Barb
Love all your pics and ideas! I love sparkle and bling so those sandals are right down my alley! Thanks for your visit! Yes, Harry Truman was unbelievably romantic, more so than his wife Bess. His letters really made you go "awwwww". :)
Wonderful flip-flops! Good luck with all your special plans. Thanks for visiting and your comment. Linda
Oh Holly, I really enjoyed this post. Congrats on the upcoming wedding of your daughter. I love those flip flops and the wedding colors are going to be so striking.
I was thrilled to read this post Holly. Adore the flipflops. It's the little touches like that, that make it all so memorable. And I have never seen that diamond wrap but I am going to get some. Got an idea...thank you. I know how you feel about knowing what you are doing but it is not quite coming all together yet. I am at that place and it's stressful (i think) but I know that it will all work out. I have some surprises in mind that the future bride and groom don't know about. (shhhh) :) Look forward to seeing more of your wedding plans. xo
Love the flip flops! What a great idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following me! :)
The black and white wedding sounds elegant and romantic. You will have to post lots of pictures. The flip flops are darling.
Hugs...Lu
What a great idea for the wedding party shoes....so much more comfy than heels especially in the hot weather!
What a blessing to have that extra help with the wedding details!
I'll be sure to enter your daughter into the drawing Holly!
Have a wonderful week!
;-D Kathleen
Dear Holly, thanks so much for joining in the Wedding Blog Party! I LOVE the personalized flip-flops you made for your daughter's wedding! Too cute. And y'all are so lucky to have someone help with the flowers and the planning! Such a wonderful gift!! Your wedding planner relative looks like she will have some amazing ideas for you! Can't wait to see it all as it comes together. BTW, I'm surprised I haven't "met" you at Sam Moon ~ I visit there real often!!
Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents
Post a Comment