1000 Gifts

Today I am continuing to think of those gifts that surround me that I sometimes take for granted.                                 

finding a dress to wear for my daughter’s wedding
roses

sleeping in and hearing the sound of rain on the roof
feeling the cool softness of sheets over me when I wake up in the morning

being greeted by sunlight when I wake up

hot showers

freshly made ice tea with lemon

having my dog come up and lay her head on my chest to say good morning and when I try to get up she seems to say, “Just five more minutes”. . .
laying on the grass and feeling the softness beneath my bare feet and the warmth of the sun
spending the weekend with dear friends and renewing my soul
sharing communion between friends and being present in the moment
having my dogs lay at my feet while I write this
fresh raspberries
Getting a surprise phone call from a dear friend.
What gifts have you seen today?
I am linking to:
Show Off Your Cottage Monday

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful post, I can visualize each blessing you mentioned. I am enjoying the birds at our birdbath today in Georgia's extreme heat and also a glass of iced tea. I have 1 dog and 3 cats napping closeby and it's so cute that they all follow me when I leave the room! Hope you have a blessed afternoon. Can't wait to see you in that dress!

NanaDiana said...

Your blessings are beautiful. My blessing today is listening to the laughter of my daughter and her 3 little girls that are here playing. xo Diana

Love Of Quilts said...

We do take a lot for granted don't we...I feel very blessed for what I have. Trish

Bethe77 said...

Love your post. I think I must get this book. I think there is so much we miss each day. All the treasures right before us.
Thank you for sharing a few of yours.
What a blessing

Trisha said...

Sometimes it's those little things we take for granted that we need to be most thankful for! Wonderful list...have a great week!

~Trisha

Flora's DIY said...

I just found your blog and I love it. You are a blessing... will definitely be following.. I am trying to get a blog started but an not to PC literate.. but as soon as I get some help I wiil be on here as Flora' Creative Circle.. (faith based and crafty blog. In the meantime I will be reading all my favs...love & prayers

Search This Blog