Whatever is good




Do you ever struggle with your thoughts?  I think it is easier for some than others to focus on what is good.  But, I'm pretty sure that God knew it would be troublesome at times which is why He reminded us to let our mind dwell on what is good.
Finally..whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.  Phil 4:8 2-15 
May your day be filled with joyful and peaceful thoughts!

Blessings,

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Thank you for sharing those wonderful verses, Holly! I really like the photo you posted too...I wonder what she's thinking? Have a great day!...Nancy :o)

Linda M. said...

Good Morning Holly, Thanks for sharing these words and the wonderful thoughts for beginning my day. Joyous Wishes, Linda

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite verses Holly. I have a wooden plaque with this verse. So true.
Hugs,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Great photo to go with the idea of thinking. I "caught up" on posts again. Back to the Pink Saturday Rose. Love them all. I enjoyed the bulletin board especially -sometimes we try to do things that we can't or shouldn't ... sticking w/what's in line w/ourselves (okay, some out of the box) but you know what I mean, I hope.

I love the verse you've quoted today -and again, that photo just makes me think back somehow and forward on what I should be pondering.

Thanks, Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly - Always a challenge when surrounded by so many things in this world that can drag our thoughts to places that are not so good, noble, and just . . .

This has always been a favorite verse of mine and often the measuring rod for those things I would allow in my life - like books, movies, TV - etc. This verse is an excellent God filter to sift all things through . . .

Joy!
Kathy

Search This Blog