The elegance of dress forms

 I am so excited to join Carol's dress form party at the Polka Dot Closet. I LOVE dress forms and decided to make some to celebrate this fun event.
In keeping with the calendar of inspiration, I have the perfect quote for today!

Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations.  ~Faith Baldwin
Isn't this a perfect quote for and so true!!!  I have experienced it more than once myself.

Now onto this very fun blog party!
I have LOVED leopard for many, many years and many, many dress sizes.  If you can't wear the dress anymore, then buy a pair of shoes, handbag, or better yet - make a dress form in soft velvety leopard.  I had fun making these.  It looks great on a dresser.  Doesn't it just make you want to roar?!
 This next grouping is more in the colors of shabby chic.  Since college (that would be a while ago) I have LOVED pink and green and white!  So, what is more perfect than these angelic dress forms in shades of mint, pink and white and wings.
 This last one was fun to make too!  I think we should call her Sophia for her Italian flavor.  She is done in a  tapestry of wine, gold and black. She also looks great on my dresser.
I didn't get my last dress form done - it is still in my head.  But, I am sure to get even more inspiration as I look around at what others have done.  I think I want a section of one of my rooms to be full of dress forms.
Enjoy your day and be sure to stop by to see Carol at the Polka Dot closet and the others who have joined this fun party!
Blessings,

20 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What fun! I have always heard that every house should have at least one leopard thing in it to complete it! Love your forms! xo Diana

Nancy said...

So lovely! Pink, green and white is also one of my favorite color combinations!...Nancy :o)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Dress forms catch my eye every time! How did you make yours? What size are they?

Pink, green, white are so classic and remind me of spring. Only 44 days to go!

Marilyn said...

You did lots more than I did! But I did order one of the torsos from the Barr display site and have one just waiting for some covering! I had pink and green as my wedding colors back in 1977! Add in the white of my dress and I'd be ready to fit in with your angels.♥♫

Aledia said...

I just love pink and green together! I like the leopard print as well.

Thank You for sharing and have a great week!

Aledia~

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Everybody needs a little animal print--thanks for sharing!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh I love pink and green too, but every girl needs a little wild side like leopard! Thank you so much for attending the ball! Oh, we are going to have so much fun!!

Carol

Terri said...

You had me at the leopard! Lovely dress forms! Hope y'all have fun at the ball!

Judy said...

Dress forms are such fun to decorate, dress or redo! It just occurred to me that perhaps this is a form of playing with dolls for big girls! Could that be right?? Thanks so much for sharing!

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Pink and green are the colors I decorate my home in, so they would work perfectly here :) Have fun at the party!

Old Time Cindy said...

Wow, you have dress forms to fit every mood! Popping in from Carol's dress form party to say hi!

Linda M. said...

Hi Holly, Oh I do like your leopard print dress form. I played with a dress form several months ago. It's on my dresser holding a hat pin I purchased at an antique store in Georgia last May. I'm going to visit The Polka Dot Closet. Thanks! Joyous Wishes, Linda

Createology said...

How fun to see your attendance at this fabulous dress form ball.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

they all look great and I like that you created a variety.

debi said...

What a great collection of dressforms. I love the wings on your pretty pink, white and green dressforms, I need to make wings for some of mine.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love all of your dress forms!! So much fun!

Hugs,
Debbie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Fun dress forms I'm seeing at the "Ball".
Nice to see yours.
deb

Deborah said...

you sure went all out for this ball. So much fun it is to see all the dress forms you made. Love the leopard one.

Something Special said...

You are very talented, to have made your dress forms yourself. This is truly and fun ball!

Heart Vintage Design said...

Love the cat print- Kitty

Search This Blog