First of all, thank you to those who have been praying for my daughter-in-law's father. He is still hanging in there, and I know that God honors our prayers!
I wanted to talk about my experience flying to New York. It was a good one and I believe that a lot had to do with the airline. It restored my faith in the flying experience. My first happy experience was that Southwest Airlines does not charge for you to carry your clothing and other important (and necessary) items for your destination. (I'm talkin' luggage here). Not only that, but they don't even charge for your 2nd carry on. Now, they do charge for your 3rd suitcase but how many of us take 3 suitcases most of the time? I was gone for 3 weeks and only had two. That was my first happy moment with them.
My next happy experience (okay, it was small, but it did make me smile) was boarding the plane. You know that corridor you walk through? Well, they had life-sized pictures of Southwest employees waving you on, cheering you on, celebrating either your coming or going. It just made me smile.
My 3rd happy experience was their "complimentary" beverage service. The last time I took a plane (which was NOT Southwest, I thought that I would just order water since water is free - WRONG! Water was not free, but rather $2). ANYWAY, back to Southwest....they really did serve complimentary soda, coffee AND water and snacks. Wow!
My 4th happy experience was "how" they explained those *important* rules of the seat belt, oxygen, and flotation device (even though we were flying over land). They were funny. It was obvious that the flight attendants enjoyed their job and each other. It was a pleasant flight to and from home. So, Southwest airlines, thank you for making it simply and fun, and yes, I'll be back.
Blessings,
3 comments:
I'm so happy to hear you had a good flying experience! You don't hear many of those these days! I will continue my prayers for your extended family! Happy Friday, my friend! Have a wonderful weekend! :o)
So good to hear your prayers in this difficult time have been heard Holly!
And how surprising to hear about this Airline! I passed it on to hubby.
We love flying but it has become such a trial these days and our last flight home was nothing short of an ordeal!
Thanks for sharing and will keep you and your loved ones in our prayers,
This post might help me overcome my fear of flying! ;) Thanks!
I just found you here and I'm your newest follower. Hope you'll stop by my blog for a visit!
sandy
Post a Comment