Sorrow and Joy

 Pinned Image
“You will lose someone you can’t live without,and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp.” Anne Lamott

I'm 1,000 miles away from home visiting my son, his wife and their newborn son. This visit is a celebration of life and hope.  This visit is also a time to grieve as my daughter in law's father is slowing ebbing his way to heaven. He is dying of cancer.  It breaks my heart as I watch those who love him so much cry together.  Tonight they asked my son if he would play his guitar and sing some praise music.  They held hands and hugged their daddy and husband as they sang and listened to the music. I was overtaken with tears as I participated in this event as an observer.  I watched as they held strong to their faith and wept as they knew it wouldn't be much longer for their loved one to move into the next life.  This is my first experience being close to someone who is dying.  I've often wondered how you could help someone who is grieving.  Living this experience, I continue to ask God how I can help them.  I know that my being here during this time is for a reason.  I continue to ask God to show me what I can do to be a help to them.  If you are reading this, I would love your prayers for this family.

2Thessalonians 2:16+17   May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who has loved us
    and given us everlasting  comfort and hope which we don't deserve, comfort your hearts with all
     comfort, and help you in every good thing you say and do.


Blessings,

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm praying for you, Sweetie! I've been where they are. Believe me...just be there and pray! That's all you can do! Just love them! Then when the time has come...just love them more and LOTS of hugs if they want them! God gives us comfort in our greatest hour of need. I know this for SURE!...Nancy :o)

Michele said...

My heart aches for you and your dear family ~~~ Praying for you and your dear loved family

Sincerely,
Michele
Pearl 13.1

NanaDiana said...

I am praying for you and your whole family. We had almost the same thing happen-when my daughter's first daughter was born my hubby's father was dying and, on the day of his funeral, her baby was baptized. It is a strange sort of period with joy and sorrow intermixed. I understand the feelings- xo Diana

Noelle the dreamer said...

Gladly Holly! You may count on my family and myself!
Sending hugs and lots of prayers,

Createology said...

This journey is such a difficult one and I shall add your family to my prayers. Blessings to you and yours.

Search This Blog