Yesterday we celebrated our wedding anniversary. We drove an hour away to eat dinner out and attend a quilt show. (Guess who wanted to go there?) =0) Then we went window shopping....that is almost as much fun as real shopping....almost.
I've been thinking a lot about hope lately because that seems to be my word for the year. (Whose blog was that on where they said to choose a word for the year?) It conveys so much and I kept trying to define it, so here are some thoughts: Hope is about the future. Hope is about what we want to happen...hope to happen. We hope that everything will work out all right, that we will not have cancer, that our child will be be okay, that we pass the test, that we get the job....
Sometimes we can wait for many, many days, months or even years. Proverbs 13:12 says: Unrelenting disappointment leaves you heartsick, but a sudden good break can turn life around. (The Message)
I just spoke with a friend of mine tonight who had been praying for her business to take off and it has - how awesome is that?! How great is our God!
What is it that you are hoping for?
Waiting with you....

3 comments:
Holly I love the word hope. Mine seems to be reflection at the moment. But I really like hope.
Congrats on the annvisary.
Blessings
My word was "enough" and I have had so many ways to use it. Hope is a great word. Have a Happy Anniversary.
Holly my seems to be "rest" which seems to be intertwined with hope. Rest while waiting for what we are hoping for - I love the verse in John where John speaks of himself as the beloved who leaned on the breast of Jesus- I want to be like that
Happy anniversary!!
Bill just saw the comment that you left way back in March on our Colorado Crossroads blog! Sorry I didn't catch the comment. Where to you live in Co? Would love to get together with you sometime!!
bee blessed
mary
Post a Comment