The Journey Through

I joined (another) study tonight and I'm excited about mostly because I like the leader so much - she is a blessing to me and others in many, many ways.  The study is about learning to think differently about our health - what is our motivation to get into shape, be healthy, lose weight, etc?  Have you ever noticed that you go to a study group on a particular topic but find that what you are learning applies to so many other areas of your life?  I think that is what is going to happen with this study.  There was one statement tonight that someone said and I thought it was profound:
Going through a dark night of the soul experience isn't fun for anyone.  It can leave us confused, hurt or angry. There may even be times that we question God or our relationship with God.  I don't know what it is that you might be going through but I do know for sure that God is with you. He didn't cause it to happen.  He did promise to never leave us or forsake us.  You know what else?  You will see the light again.  Ask God for a glimmer.  I do that. He answers.  Every time. He delights to show Himself. Walking with you on the journey...
God didn't put us in the darkness, but He is with us in the darkness.
Hang on. This to shall pass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Holly. I hope whatever you're going through will pass quickly and we are so blessed to have a God who loves us and only wants what's best for us. Thank you for the reminder of the promise.

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Holly,

Approaching our {good} health is always a challenge. The past two decades have brought new ailments for me to manage but I can say that menopause has been the hardest of all to shake off. So many permanent changes take place as well as our bodies just do not respond to exercise the same way either.

I'm sure your study will bring forth a lot of honest feelings and lots of hurts buried within the others in the group. Anyone that has issues with their health have emotional baggage as well....but yes, God is always with us. Thank goodness. ♥

Hugs,
Stephanie ♥

Search This Blog