Movieology


I walked into a room today and there was a movie on (The Replacements). The only part I heard was:

Shane Falco: Hey coach, can I ask you a question?

Jimmy McGinty: Yeah, shoot.

Shane Falco: Why me?

Jimmy McGinty: I look at you and I see two men: the man you are, and the man you ought to be. Someday those two will meet.

Don’t you love that! I like movies when they have a provocative line because they make me think. All of us are in the process of becoming…becoming our best, becoming who we were meant to be….it is such a process. Originally I had named this blog “the treasure within” because as I work with women (including myself) I notice that we often have a lot of stuff piled up that has happened to us over the years through trials, choices of ourselves or others and yet as we continue to grow, we begin to unbury the treasure within us. That treasure is still there waiting to be discovered.
picture credit http://www.dotdesign.ro



Growing with you….

2 comments:

Bethe77 said...

I think I just needed this beautiful rminder of the treasure within. Thank you so very much. I sometimes forget all the things buried in me and that there are wonderful treasures buried in there. Thank you so much. The jounrey to becoming who I am created to be.
Blessings

Arlee Bird said...

We all have our personal treasures stored within us that are meant to be shared with others. Its like those treasures spoken of by Jesus that rust away or are stolen if we haven't used them to help others--hidden away they accomplish nothing.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Search This Blog