In honor of pink Saturday, I thought that I would do some research on the color pink. I hope that you can visit lots of beautiful pink posts today including our lovely Pink Saturday founder, Beverly at howsweetthesound.typepad.comWhile pink has different symbolic meanings, individual reactions to the color pink can vary widely. The following are some of the reactions to the color pink that readers have shared. (My comments are, of course, in pink)
Reader Responses to Pink
Pink is the color of all things that are fun about being a girl. (Agree)
Light pink represents a baby girl...pure, hopeful, soft, loving...the world at her feet and a wonderful future ahead of her. (Again, I agree)
Hot pink represents the passion felt by all women who has ever loved or been loved. (Yep)
The woman who wears many hats in life and drinks life in and lives with no regrets. I love the color pink. Every shade represents a different stage or phase in my life!
--Angela (smart girl – obviously a lover of the color pink)
My pink skin, being a mother, singing to babies, tranquility, peace, sleep, taking care of people, love and candy and flowers and spring sun rises, new beginnings, weddings, joy, heaven.
--Linda (wouldn’t you like to have Linda in your circle of pink friends)
It makes me feel powerful. I often feel the need to be shrouded in it. However some shades can make me feel angry.
--Nathan (We might need to talk to Nathan)
I'm painting my room pink. My bf was living with me and I painted her room brown.. it was cute, cozy, but oh so not girly. (If, however, the brown had some pink in it, I could make it work)
Anonymous (I think)
Pink to me represents the right to be a girl, to be yourself to speak freely and out loud. It associates so culturally to females that there's is nothing left to do then to say but "no boys allowed."
--Katie (I like her)
Ten days ago I had to put my 15 yr old Shi-tzu down. From the moment I began to mourn I could not get enough pink. I normally love to wear black and neutral colors that accent my red hair. I have always felt that grown women should wear pink sparingly and only in tastefully appropriate shades for the individual skin and hair tones. Now I find myself unable to wear any other color. I also feel drawn to pink things. I am no longer picky about shade...all pinks look beautiful to me. I feel childish about this and a little silly, yet if it helps me through the mourning process...who am I to judge the human heart or the psychology of color?
--John (what a guy)
Pink is my favorite color. I wear pink since I was in preschool now I am a college student and I still wear it almost every day. It makes me feel HAPPY!
--Gloria (Another smart one)
I like pink. I always have. As a child and then when I went on to adulthood and now in my middle age, I still prefer pink to any other color. I actually have made up our guest room in antique pink and other shades of pink. I go in there when I feel out of it. It brings me back to reality quick. (This gal didn’t sign her name…I was hoping she would because I wanted to see if I could go and stay in her guest room)
I wanted to dress in pink for one of my weddings- three so far. I finally did this last time, the wedding cake was pink and so were much of the decorations to include a balloon arch over the cake table. My granddaughter is named Violet-Rose- so this gives me an opportunity to buy her most of the clothes I buy her in these colors. Yes I like pink and I will continue to wear and be a pink sort of person until I die.
--Carol (They say the 3rd time is the charm – especially when you wear pink)
I find pink makes me feel comfortable.
--Donald and Sharon (not sure if it is Donald or Sharon that it makes feel comfortable, but probably both. My husband wears a pink shirt and light pink herringbone jacket – I promise, it’s tasteful, on Easter and looks fabulous, though he didn’t say anything about being comfortable…he does, however, get a lot of compliments)
Pink makes me feel wonderful because it is my favorite color.
--Jessica (I am sure that if I knew Jessica she would be one of my BFF’s)
Pink is calming in soft tones. Very gentle and soothing.
--Sunny (You’d think that with Sunny’s name that she would be talking about yellow, but once again, Sunny is a smart girl and knows her colors)
Pink has always made me feel pretty. When I look at pink, I think of innocence, gentleness, calmness, and babies. Pink baby lips, pink baby feet, pink roses are like baby roses and red roses are like grownup roses. I love pink!
--Kalin (I love that)
I hate PINK! I have a couple of dress shirts that are pink and I very rarely wear them. The apartment that I live in through the week has a PINK dining room wall, it drives me crazy, I almost did not rent the place because of it. If I could have found something different for the same price or less with the same amount of space I would not have rented it. NO MORE PINK!
--Connie (we need to talk)
Pink makes me feel feminine.
--Helen (Yeah, Helen)
I like pink. It reminds me of a baby girl just born and smelling of baby oil.
--Marlene (ahh, I like that)
Pink is a happy, playful color. I find myself surrounded by pink even though my favorite color is green. I am coming out of a long bout with depression and pink makes me feel good, calm and happy.
--Angela (I agree with you, Angela)
Pink makes me feel both strong and weak, a perfect harmony of feeling delicate and dominant.
--Dueling Dualities
All of a sudden now that I've just turned 49 I have the need to wear pink! I feel like I need to wear some pink every day. It might be reclaiming my girlhood. It also could be that I'm enjoying making friends more and pink is the color of friendship.
--Sherry (another smart girl)
I LOVE PINK. Pink is pretty, girly, loud, bold, fun, and sometimes sexy. It bothers me when people dislike pink, it's like they're subconsciously rebelling against youthful femininity or something. I love being a girl, so I love pink, and I always will...but in response to Connie, I would never ever paint a wall in my home pink.
--Linda (you go girl, but I do have to disagree on the pink wall - I am currently an owner of some pink walls and they are awesome)
Young and silly - pretty, little, girlie, frilly...
--Vivien (thumbs up)
Pink is thought to have a calming effect. One shade known as "drunk-tank pink" is sometimes used in prisons to calm inmates. Sports teams sometimes paint the opposing teams locker room pink to keep the players passive and less energetic. (Seriously?)
Credit to: http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/colorselection/p/pink.htm
How does pink make you feel? Do you associate pink with certain qualities or situations?
Happy Pink Saturday!!

31 comments:
Happy Pink Saturday!
This is a very interesting post...
I actually feel that pink is a colour of hope, of happiness...a young colour...it's fresh and makes us smile...
~ Gabriela ~
Pink brings out my silly girly side.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Ann
Oh gosh, I have such a "pink" story! I guess I'll have to tell it on next week's Pink Saturday post! I love pink!
XO
Hi, this is an interesting post. I loved reading all the thoughts on pink. Happy PS, thanks for visiting my post. I would love to see a fabric postcard you make!
Happy Pink Saturday!
I think this post covers all the reasons we should embrace PINK!
Jil
I enjoyed all the comments about pink! It really is a color that evokes lots of emotions. Happy ones!
Happy PS!
What a fun informative post!...Christine
Holly, I'm a fan of the palest pink like cotton candy and babies'cheeks mixed with roses and mimosas and delicate things. Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com
Pink makes me smile!
Interesting research you have done on PINK. I love shades of pink, pink flowers, looking at my pink suede journal as I type, my pink prayer request journal, a dried wreath of light and dark pink roses bought in New Orleans years ago. Like any color, I believe it is the shade and tone that causes people to either love or hate it. Happy PS.
Happy Pink Saturday!
SO sorry about your sweet shih tzu. I had two growing up and loved them dearly. I am your latest follower. :)
Yep, you have the pink down for sure. Love the story. Happy Pink Saturday, Char
An interesting and informative post. I never know there was so many facts about pink out there. You did a lot of research and spent time posting all this. Great piece of work.
Thanks for the laughs ... this was a great post. Happy pink Saturday!
The older I get the more I love pink! It just nicely represents women! And the strength of women!
Happy PS,
jacalyn
I like pink with brown. I also like aqua with brown! Sometime just a pretty pink with a dark otherwise dreary color really pops! Love this post. You deserve a big hug for writing it. You really did an amazing job. HPS Anne
Happy Pink Saturday Holly Sweetie...
Oh what a beautiful share today. I loved this study of the color pink. So fun to read.
I don't think you missed a pink fact one sweet friend. What a beautiful share for this very special PINK occasion.
Hope you have a pinka licious Saturday. Many hugs and much love, Sherry
these were so fun! I am so glad that I am a girl and fee to love PINK!!
BTW the calming thing about pink? yes that is true. they use it in mental hospitals and I have heard of some prisons using it. Even though there are some prisons for Men where it's been said it's to embarrass them if they wear it, there are some that use it for the calming effects too.
Happy Pink Saturday LOVED this one.
I got a kick out of this! I love a guy who is confident enough to wear pink. I dressed my boys in great pink shirts when they were young and my hubby is manly enough to pull it off.
But as a woman, I embrace it, love it, adore it as a sister to purple. I love all things feminine and pink represents that and pure unadulterated beauty to me.
Happy PS. - Jacqueline
I wear pink a LOT and hubby also will wear pink shirts I buy him. He looks stunning in pink and I love him for that. What else can I say, sugar? It's the color of happiness in this family.
xoxo,
Connie
Happy PInk Saturday.
That was a great and well researched post. Perfect for Pink Saturday.
Celebrating pink your way was fun and interesting. I LOVED the quotes. I wore pink at my wedding and I still have my wedding dress 48 years later. Oh yeah, I am a pinkie. I think you are too. Big smile here.
Hugs, Jeanne
What an inspiring post!
so nice to meet you too :))
Happy PS!
Kay Ellen
Very interesting read! Love the pink stories!
xoRebecca
This was a fun post! I actually hated pink for many years, because I was stuck with pink carpeting in our dining room and living room. That carpet did not belong in those two rooms! But since my husband ripped out the carpet and refinished the wood floors, I can embrace pink, and I guess it brings out my little girl side!
Happy PS!
Carol
Very nice post!
Pink makes me alive!
Happy Pink!
Have a wonderful springtime.
xo
Thank you for stopping by. I love pink too. All my china has some sort of pink on it. My pastor even bought pink headphones for me for when I sing. Everyone else has boring neutral colors, I got pink. Everyone knows it is my color. Happy pink Saturday!
Darling post! I am a pink girl to the end!
Hugs,
Olivia
I think this is one of the cutest pink Saturday posts I have ever read....love it. 99% of the flowers in my yard are pink with some white mixed in. Why doesn't Connie just paint that pink wall another color? :) HPS
Fun post and very original! Applaud, applaud! Thanks for stopping by and Happy PS!
Hugs- Tete
I feel smarter and pinker now! Cute post. :) Nancy
My crazy weekend has put me behind in PS visiting...but here I am at last!
What a fun post....lots of very good and interesting comments on Pink. My interest in that color didn't explode until about three years ago when I started participating in Beverly' Pink Saturday. Now, I see Pink everywhere and am drawn to it....especially if I have my camera with me :) Actually, I now have lots of pink items. Wearing a pink tee makes a gloomy day bright. Slipping my feet into pink fake Crocs (a Walmart buy) makes puttering around in the yard even more fun. Putting on a pink sweat band makes a sweaty workout better! OK..I'll stop. I guess pink just basically makes things better for me! :)
Hope you had a great Pink Saturday and a wonderful last week of March! dana
Post a Comment