For those who may have wondered what 2911 Jeremiah Avenue is, it is named after a scripture that gives me great hope. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
In fact, God has spoken to me many times lately specifically with this verse as if to say, “I hear you, I know your struggle, hang on, I have it all planned out.” I really like how The Message says it: I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. Isn’t that wonderful?!
Well, there was something that I missed for years when reading this and I think that we should take note. Beginning in verse 5 of that same chapter God says to them while they are waiting…build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. Marry and have children…Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city…
I’m going out on a limb here and going to say that if you really like this verse that you too are waiting for that hope. I don’t know what it looks like for you or for me, but it is a great verse to take delight in. However, while we are waiting for that hope, God is very clear about what we are to do…we are to live! Just because what we hope for hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean that life isn’t full of blessings – it is. God wants us to rejoice in Him and trust Him for the future and present.

1 comment:
Thank you for those words of hope and comfort. I will cherish them in my heart.
Cindy
Post a Comment