Remember the old saying, “Put the fun in dysfunction”? Well, how about if we put the hope in dysfunction? Anybody out there have a little dysfunction in their life? Last week I spoke about hope and how we can be a participant in it. We participate in many ways and it isn’t a one size fits all, but rather what is right for you. Whether we are waiting or doing what we believe is the right thing to do, there is always something that we can do. If it’s not working then perhaps we should look at it from a different perspective. That’s where that “ask the right question” thing comes in. How many of you have listened to a speaker that you really looked up to and heard them talk about “healing relationships?” You know, they say things like “maybe this is the year” or “what can you do” or “God wants us to have good relationships with each other” (true, but more on that later). How does that make you feel? Have you been one of those people that heard that and “hoped” that this might be the year or thought “what can I do”, “what should I have done”, etc? Well, I would have to agree that God does want us to have good relationships, but He also knows that we live in a broken world. How many of us hang onto beliefs such as “when this relationship is healed, then I will be okay”. Maybe you haven’t said those exact words, but maybe you have believed that your life can only be okay “when this happens” or “that happens.” That kind of belief system keeps us stuck because we truly believe that we will only be okay “when this thing happens.” Well, what if it doesn’t happen? Does that mean that we won’t be okay? I don’t think so. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to go around believing that certain things need to happen before my life will be okay. If I did believe that, then I would be living not only a miserable life but also a lie. The truth is that you are okay. If you have a relationship with God then you must know that you and God are enough. That statement right there gives me hope. What more do you need? How about it? Is there some hope in dysfunction?
Put the Hope in Dysfunction
Remember the old saying, “Put the fun in dysfunction”? Well, how about if we put the hope in dysfunction? Anybody out there have a little dysfunction in their life? Last week I spoke about hope and how we can be a participant in it. We participate in many ways and it isn’t a one size fits all, but rather what is right for you. Whether we are waiting or doing what we believe is the right thing to do, there is always something that we can do. If it’s not working then perhaps we should look at it from a different perspective. That’s where that “ask the right question” thing comes in. How many of you have listened to a speaker that you really looked up to and heard them talk about “healing relationships?” You know, they say things like “maybe this is the year” or “what can you do” or “God wants us to have good relationships with each other” (true, but more on that later). How does that make you feel? Have you been one of those people that heard that and “hoped” that this might be the year or thought “what can I do”, “what should I have done”, etc? Well, I would have to agree that God does want us to have good relationships, but He also knows that we live in a broken world. How many of us hang onto beliefs such as “when this relationship is healed, then I will be okay”. Maybe you haven’t said those exact words, but maybe you have believed that your life can only be okay “when this happens” or “that happens.” That kind of belief system keeps us stuck because we truly believe that we will only be okay “when this thing happens.” Well, what if it doesn’t happen? Does that mean that we won’t be okay? I don’t think so. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to go around believing that certain things need to happen before my life will be okay. If I did believe that, then I would be living not only a miserable life but also a lie. The truth is that you are okay. If you have a relationship with God then you must know that you and God are enough. That statement right there gives me hope. What more do you need? How about it? Is there some hope in dysfunction?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment