Happy Pink Saturday to you

Don't you just love this saying?! Years ago I thought that it would be fun to run a bed and breakfast...you know, the elegant Victorian look, having high tea by the cozy fireplace, decorating each bedroom and bath..... and then it occurred to me  - breakfast.  Yep, that did it for me.  It's not that I don't like breakfast, because I do - cinnamon rolls, gourmet egg casserole, fresh berries, piping hot coffee with fresh cream.  The problem is, I would have to be the one to get up and fix it...You are looking at a non-morning person.  They say that you know if you've had enough sleep because you feel refreshed when you wake up.  Huh?!  I cannot remember ever feeling that way.  It doesn't matter if it is 5:45 or 8:00, refreshed is not in my vocabulary at that particular moment.  Now give me about 10-15 minutes and a cup of coffee (with cream) and I'm much better.  So, for now I will settle with going and staying at a bed and breakfast and enjoying being spoiled under someone elses care. Speaking of, several years ago my husband and I stayed at the wonderful Tarabino Inn at Trinidad, CO - and look - it's even PINK!  It was wonderful and we were spoiled.  If you haven't experienced a bed and breakfast before, put it on your bucket list.  (Picture is from historictrinidad.com)

My next picture is a cottage that I made from the sleeve of a sweater.  I belong to an art group and we have a Christmas party every year.  This year we were to buy something from a thrift shop and make something out of it, so this was my idea.  I like how it turned out.
The last picture was really supposed to be in my sidebar but I couldn't get it there. So, I am posting it here.
Christie is having a give away and it is so gorgeous.  The last day to sign up for this is Sunday, so go on over. You must first go to Shabbyfufu.com and follow the directions for the giveaway.  You will enjoy her beautiful website as well.  Last, but not least, be sure to visit Beverly, our lovely PINK hostess at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/pink-saturday/.  I hope that your Saturday is full of lovely PINK blessings!
http://chateaudefleurs.blogspot.com/


24 comments:

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Love that pillow! I am a morning person and have also thought about a B&B, but my house is too small, not a Victorian and we live in a semi-boring community (read that quiet, just the way I like it!) so not this year!

Elaine said...

Thanks for the comment.. I am not much of an earlier raiser My brother has the ideal old victorian house ..built in the late 1890's for a bread and breakfast and he really thought about it.. I always feel like I stayed in a fancy place when i visit. I'm sure I showed it on one of my blogs..

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Holly,
I'm with you... not a morning person :-) Your cottage is darling!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Bella

Lynn said...

Hilarious pillow and that B&B looks beautiful:@)

Becky said...

Holly, in the past I also entertained the idea of opening a bed and breakfast. It wasn't the breakfast that bothered me. It was the time commitment. I decided I'd rather go visit others' bed and breakfast establishments! LOL. Thanks for stopping by my blog and Happy Pink Saturday!

LizlovesVintage said...

That cottage is so darn cute! Hugs, Liz

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so much fun....I loved reading about your interests and the words that describe you! I think we are on the same page about many things! I, too, NEVER feel rested....no matter how much sleep I get. I also need that "wake up time" first thing with a cup of coffee before my cheerful self appears! :)

What a beautiful B and B! I love the breakfasts they serve at those places, too. I also would prefer to be on the receiving end...and not the preparing end! :)

Have a great Pink Saturday! dana

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Holly,
Absolutely wonderful pinks! Would love to stay in a pink B&B! I'm not good in the morning either; takes me a while to clear my head! A good breakfast is very appealing but I would have to make it myself too. Your little cottage is pretty cute! Happy Pink Saturday and thanks for your visit.

Blessings,
Sandi

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Holly Sweetie...
What a beautiful share today. I love, love this pillow. Isn't it just delightful? The color is perfect for today.

Now that little house you made from a sweater cuff? How creative you are, it is so beautifully detailed. Right down to the little door. Just darling.

I would love to stay in this B&B. Is it not beautiful? Quaint comes to mind. I love it.

Thank you for sharing today. I so love it when you do.

Many hugs sweetie and so much love, Sherry

Char said...

I like the pillow, but the cottage....love that. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Diann said...

Oh, what pretty pinks today! I love your little knit cottage! So Cute!!

Tete said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Thanks for hopping into my world and leaving a comment. I hope you found Debbie's through mine.
Love your background- got mine there, too!
I love the sweater cottage. It is so cute.
Hugs- Tete

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

I have to find a pillow like that! It is perfect!
You mirror my thoughts exactly. I used to dream of such an endeavor, but I am not a morning person, either. lol! Hubby is. He is Mr Sunshine, maybe I should always refer to him that way....and he learned long ago not be to be too cheery until I have had my coffee and a few moments alone....
Your little sleeve cottage is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! How clever and original!
HPS!
Jil

Anonymous said...

OMGosh cute project and so creative..yes everday is a B&B!
Love the pink house!
Happy Pink Saturday

Eileen said...

The pink house is fabulous! And I just love the cottage you made - it's too, too cute!

Anonymous said...

I love all your pinks, but because I love houses I am impartial to the inn's photo. Beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. It is great to meet you!

Fishtail Cottage said...

Hi Holly....thanks for coming over & saying hello! Too funny about the idea of running a bed & breakfast. i'd stay at one, but running one would be another story! Thanks for the idea of visiting the tea party trade - when you get a chance, can you send me the blog link? Come back & visit again! oxox

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Holly, i LUV your creation! darling! and , yes, there are several wonderful cherryteas :)
second cup's *holiday tea* is FAB!
cherry with almond ~ mmmm! i'm liking me a cuppa.. care for a cup?
Happiest PS!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute post. Hope you had a Happy Pink Saturday.

Tiffanee said...

I have to agree with you on the morning thing. It takes me awhile to get moving therefore my family rarely gets a big breakfast. I had never seen that saying before, but now I want to put it up in my house. Love it.

Gail said...

Love what you did with that sweater, very creative and it is darling.
Happy PS
Gail

Unknown said...

Your cottage is adorable and I LOVE your background...wow...totally love it!

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah

Suzanne said...

Holly, I have a feeling one of the best things to come my way is you and your blog. First up, I loved your pinks! Happy Belated PS and thank you for visiting me.
Secondly, I also HOPE and look forward to exploring Woman of Hope!
Hugs!

Fishtail Cottage said...

Thanks for popping over & commenting on my vintage roses...i hope you'll come back & visit again. If you are interested, i just began "Cottage Flora Thursday's" for us that are ready for spring and want to see and share cottage garden pics! xoxo
~tracie

Search This Blog