I had an Epiphany today - I really did! It was like one of those "duh!" moments when it finally clicks with you even though you've heard it a hundred times. So, do you want to hear what it was?!
This year has been a challenging year. With all of the budget cutbacks, it has loaded many of us with more than we feel like we can handle. I am in the classroom many times throughout the week teaching counseling lessons to kindergarten through sixth grade. I really do enjoy that! I also enjoy working with students one-on-one and in groups but the enormity of the caseload of students to the amount of time that I have to see them is staggering. I have often felt so ineffective because of that and then today it hit me - the loaves and fishes story. Or, as my mentor, Dr. Gay Hubbard would say: give God your measly sardines and bread crumbs and see what He does with them. Today, I realized that although I don't have the time that I would like to have with these students that it is all that I do have. We are to use what we have and trust the outcome to God. It is, after all, His story. What about you? What is your sardine and bread crumb story?

1 comment:
That was lovely. I'm sure the time you give them may be more than they get from anyone else. Google reader ate my blog list so I just found out how to recover my followers.
Post a Comment