I love to hang pink pretties from our light fixture....they are, of course, PINK.
I am looking forward to this pink new year. Not only is my attitude pink, but so is my planner!
Every year I put out a basketful of pink poinsettas that are lit up with tiny white Christmas lights...
Because I am choosing to start the year IN THE PINK, I thought that I would share with you some of the changes I am going to make with my PINK attitude.One of the gifts that I got for Christmas is the book, “Eat Right For Your Blood Type.” I have heard about it, and it seems to make sense. Sadly, I should not have some of the things listed for my blood type such as cheese (sad), wheat (sadder), and coffee (saddest). That’s not to say that I am going to forever give these things up. NOOooo. My plan is to do this in January and then we’ll play it by ear…I do like to enjoy life. However, I will not be giving up coffee and the dollop of cream.
The next pink change I will be doing is posting more with my blog. By the way, how do you like the background? It is from the art of John William Waterhouse. I like it. The site where I got these graphics has some other wonderful graphics too – so hard to decide…which brings me to my next pink change…
Use what I have….yes, this will be a big pinker for me. You see, I have focus issues. I can hardly walk into Hobby Lobby and come out with only what is on my list…I seem to take detours as I hear certain sections of the store calling my name. Recently I have walked in their front doors saying, “Focus, focus, focus” to myself much like they did on the old Mervyns commercial (is that the right one) where the lady stands at the door and says, “Open, open, open.” It really works, you should try it. Another one of those weak places for me is any sale that is going on and that includes online AND thrift stores. How do they get rid of such fabulous items? I really do believe in the motto, “Another woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure.” I am not beyond dumpster diving – just ask some of my local art friends. In fact, because I am going to use what I have (and if you saw what I was talking about, you would shake your head), I plan on having several “creative” items to sell….hmmm….we’ll see.
Well, I’ve told you about my pink new year. I would love to hear about yours.
The next pink change I will be doing is posting more with my blog. By the way, how do you like the background? It is from the art of John William Waterhouse. I like it. The site where I got these graphics has some other wonderful graphics too – so hard to decide…which brings me to my next pink change…
Use what I have….yes, this will be a big pinker for me. You see, I have focus issues. I can hardly walk into Hobby Lobby and come out with only what is on my list…I seem to take detours as I hear certain sections of the store calling my name. Recently I have walked in their front doors saying, “Focus, focus, focus” to myself much like they did on the old Mervyns commercial (is that the right one) where the lady stands at the door and says, “Open, open, open.” It really works, you should try it. Another one of those weak places for me is any sale that is going on and that includes online AND thrift stores. How do they get rid of such fabulous items? I really do believe in the motto, “Another woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure.” I am not beyond dumpster diving – just ask some of my local art friends. In fact, because I am going to use what I have (and if you saw what I was talking about, you would shake your head), I plan on having several “creative” items to sell….hmmm….we’ll see.
Well, I’ve told you about my pink new year. I would love to hear about yours.
Happy Pink Saturday brought to you by our extraordinary pink hostess, Beverly at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/.
13 comments:
Sounds like you have some things planned that I need to work on too!! Have a very Happy PINK New Year!!
~Trisha
Holly,
What a lovely, witty, and inspiring post! So delightful. I'm going back to follow you as soon as I finish oohing and aawhing about everything you said. So very nice to meet you and Happy New Year!
Cindy
I am still laughing! A diet based on your blood type??? Is that for real. I like my morning coffee and I love to nibble on string cheese, so if those were on my can't have list, I wouldn't make it. lol!
Good luck and and I am off to add my name to the list of followers. Happy New Year!
Jil
Your plans sound wonderful. One of my goals last year was to use the fabric in my stash and not purchase new fabric. I did reasonably well but still have lots of fabric to use. It may be time to donate some to the thrift store!
Good luck on your goals.
Happy New year.
Holly,
Pleased to meet you!!
Happy Pink Saturday!! Thanks so much for your visit!!
Happy New Year!!
Hugs,
Debbie
What a beautiful post for Pink Saturday!
Wishing you a blessed and happy New Year!
Sherry @ A Happy Valentine
great post Holly !
all the BEST in your pink chngs :)
What a beautiful background. Loved your post today. Happy Pink New Year.
have a lovely new year,
thanks for the comment in my blog.
blessings.
A nice way to start the year off right, in the pink.
What an inspiring post! I enjoyed your post thoroughly. Wishing all success and a very happy 2011!
Hugs, LisaKay
Happy Pink New Year to you too.
Hope you are having the best holiday season ever and best wishes to a bright and happy new year.
Thank you so much for your kind compliments on my blog.
Cathy
Hi Holly, Just dropping by on this Monday morning (a wee bit late) to wish you a happy New Year and a wonderful Pink Saturday. I loved reading your Pink Saturday post and your whole blog. It's very very nice and very inspirational. I am a new follower. Have a super great week. ~ Lynn P.S. I love your pink lighted poinsettia. :)
Post a Comment